7~ Captured

I was woken by a loud crash. I was on my feet in a second, on high alert. I looked at the bed. 

Empty. 

Crap. 

I walked to the place where the noise came from, the kitchen, and threw open the door.

Ena froze like a very awkward deer in a headlight. She was bending down to pick up a pan she had very gracefully dropped while holding onto the fridge door that slowly opened, making her lean sideways. 

I sighed and relaxed my stance. My grees eyes went back to their normal dark brown. 

'Sorry?' Ena said. I walked up to her and looked her up and down. 

'Are you okay?' I asked, 'Have your injuries healed?'

'Yes,' she said. 'I woke up a little bruised and battered, but even that's gone now.' I nodded. 

'Good,' I said, 'now, keep the pan down and tell me what happened.' Ena sighed. We walked back to the beds and sat down. 

'It started somewhat like this,' Ena said. 'Ren, her friends and I had reached the pack's territory.'

**Flashback**

The jeep rumbled through the wrought iron gates that led to the Claw Pack's territory. The guards, some wolf, some human, growled in disdain. It was said the Claw pack hated visitors. The saying turned out to be true. 

It was a long, long drive to the packhouse. The pack's territory was so large, it took an hour to get to the centre of it. The borders were fenced off. 

Ena pitied some unknowing human who wandered in. 

As soon as they 20 miles of the pack territory, their jeep was escorted by wolves running beside it. The ghouls sucking the light out of life made them uncomfortable, but they shrugged it off and stuck to the task. 

The interior of the car was silent for the whole drive. At least, on the outside, where the wolves couldn't hear. Inside the ghoul's and Ena's heads, it was chaos. 

'We have to attack!' Will, one of Ren's friends, yelled. 

'No!' Ren thundered, 'That will ruin everything! This mission is to get information only. Attacking will cause unnecessary drama and bloodshed.'

Drama? Bloodshed? Ena thought. I know ghouls are powerful, and no one knows the true extent of their powers. But can only the three of them take on the most powerful wolf pack on the continent? That's too much. 

Ena was very careful to shield her thoughts from the others. Since she was the creator of the mind link and a powerful witch, she had that ability. She could also hear the other's thoughts, the ones they weren't aware they were projecting. 

A normal human would've been overwhelmed. Ena? Not so much. 

'Everyone, calm down,' she projected, 'attacking will get us nowhere. This is a mission to sneak in, get information on one of your possible kin, and get out. I am aware that you are very powerful, but you need to save that power for another time.'

Will rolled his eyes in the mind link and said no more. It was quiet everywhere for the rest of the drive. 

The plan was very carefully laid, with a backup in case anything went wrong, but the ghouls were a violent and bloodthirsty species. Ena wondered how they were so endangered and if they would stick to the plan. 

Outside, few small houses came into view. Soon enough, they were driving through the main residential area of the pack, which held the packhouse, hospital, mess hall, prison and other important buildings, like any large pack.

The only difference was, the Alpha's house and the other VIP's houses were separate from the rest. Usually, the Alpha's house was near the pack. But here, it was nowhere in sight. 

Leave it to a Claw to be that overconfident, Ena thought. Any other Alpha or Luna would want to be there for their pack. 

They drove through the streets. Everyone stared. Many of them were seeing ghouls and a witch for the first time. The other ghoul, whose name Ena did not know yet, stopped in front of the packhouse. 

They got out of the car and walked in. The wolves that were escorting them shifted and put on some clothes. They led them inside the gigantic building.

The packhouse was three stories tall and wrapped around a small lawn. in which sat a huge fountain. Pups played around it while their siblings and parents sat around the area, in the sheltered corridors. Well, if you could call them corridors. They were 20 feet wide, with lounge chairs scattered around one end.

This wasn't only the most powerful pack on the continent, it was also the richest. 

They walked around the play area and to a large staircase. To their surprise, they led down, not up, where the Alpha's office was supposed to be. 

They entered a basement. It wasn't musty or filled with junk, it was clean, bland and completely empty, except for a squadron of people standing in the middle. 

The largest man stepped forward. He would be very handsome, if not for the scars. He had too many to count. There was one running down from his right cheekbone to his jaw. His fitted t-shirt covered many more Ena knew were present, but his arms were covered too. 

For some reason, Ena felt compelled to ask what happened to him. She opened her mouth but stopped when Ren gave her a meaningful glance. 

Ena shut up. But she couldn't stop looking at the threatening man. 

He just has this aura around him, she thought, it's really threatening, but why am I so interested...?

'I am Kayden Stone, Beta of the Fang and Claw pack. You are here to sign the annual treaty between the species.'

Ren nodded, frowning slightly at the rude statement. 'I am-' she started. 

Kayden held a hand up. 'I know who you are,' he said. 'Serena of the twelfth order, with her companions Will and the Unnamed One. But what I'm more interested in the reason why you have a witch with you. They are not part of this treaty.'

Ren kept the expressionless mask on.

'I have bought her along as guarantee,' she said, 'even though are species are not at war, we do not trust you.'

'Very well, then,' Kayden said, smirking. Ena's heart leapt. 'Follow me,' he continued, walking further into the basement. 

Ena and the others followed, not knowing what to expect. 

It didn't seem like a treaty signing anymore, at least to Ena.

She felt like they were hostages, just waiting for the worst to happen. 

^^^^

Hello, everyone!

Here is the promised chapter!

I hope you enjoyed it! I can't believe we are 63 reads already! 

Thank you so much, I love you guys!

Thanks for reading,

Please vote, comment and share if you liked it,

Enjoy life,

Mareska