13~ Guest

'We are having a chat, Kendrick,' the Luna said, annoyed, 'I would appreciate it if you left us alone.' Kendrick gave a dry chuckle, ignoring his mother's statement. He casually leaned against the bed next to us. 

'Tell me, mother,' he said, 'what exactly happened with Serena?'

The Luna sighed. 'I don't know,' she said, annoyance clear in her tone, 'your father never told me anything about pack work. All I know is that he set out on an expedition to find a child. There were rumours circulating about a ghoul and werewolf mating. He wanted the hybrid for himself.' 

'What happened?' I asked. She shook her head. 

'I don't know,' she repeated, 'he set out with the pack warriors and came back empty-handed. He didn't tell me anything. But then, a few years later, he suddenly stormed in with the toddler.'

I raised an eyebrow. 'And I was that toddler,' I stated. The Luna nodded. 

'Was I a year old?' I asked. She shook her head. 

'Definitely more,' she said, 'about four.' 

I was shocked at that statement. 'But assuming my vision was true, the tree protected me only for a year. Then... where was I?' The Luna looked down sadly. Ena was deep in thought. Kendrick just stood there. 

'So, you're the hybrid for sure?' Kendrick asked. 

I glared at him. 'Nothing's for sure,' I said. There was a brief silence as we all contemplated the future. 

'Are we in the Claw pack?' I asked. 

'Yes,' Ena replied, 'Kendrick caught you and took off, I had no choice but to follow. Besides, I was too worried to care. This is the second time you've had a vision. The only difference is its past happenings... possibly. There's no way we can know for sure.' 

Kendrick stood up. 'Now I know all I needed to,' he said. As if heeding a silent command, warriors filed in. 

Ena and I were immediately on our feet in a fighting stance. 'Kendrick,' Luna said, 'What is the meaning of this?!' 

'Stay out of this, Mother,' Kendrick said. He nodded to some warriors, who tried to escort her away. She growled at them and they took a step back. I shook my head at her. The last thing I wanted to be was for her to get hurt. 

'I need to talk to you as soon as you're free, Kendrick.' the Luna calmly stated and stormed out after giving me a glance of reassurance.

'Won't be for a while, Mother,' he called out.  

'What do you want, Kendrick?' I asked, 'I have no plans on being your Luna. And let Athena go, she has nothing to do with this.'

He smirked. 'Of course, she does. She's the Goddess Flame bearer, isn't she? And I have a feeling she's going to be the one to fight the legendary battle. It will be disappointing if she doesn't.'

'Shut up,' Ena said, 'What happened to respect?' 

'It got boring,' he said. He gestured to his pack warriors, and they swarmed us. I got ready to fight them off, but suddenly, I felt faint. 

I saw Ena collapsing right in front of me before my eyes closed. 

****

A giant migraine thudded behind my eyes. I wasn't used to the feeling, and a million thoughts ran through my head the second I was semi-conscious. I was lying on the ground, my hands cuffed behind my back and my feet tied. There was nothing over my mouth. 

I could hear someone breathing beside me. Possibly Ena. I remembered what happened in flashes, which didn't really help my head. 

Damn that Claw.