Chapter Twenty One

A/N I love you all so much! I never knew this story could come so far! You are truly the best readers ever! This chapter is dedicated to all of you! Merry Christmas! Picture is of Cole's wolf, it's bigger though.

Cole's POV

"Ahhhhh!" Someone screams. I bolt up in bed. I search around desperately but there is no sign of Scarlet. Did the rogues get her? Did they get my precious mate?! I hop out of her bed, growling loudly. I burst out of her bedroom, not caring about the consequences if her father saw me. I see Scarlet shaking in the middle of the hall. I run to her, gathering her quickly in my arms.
"What's wrong Angel?" I ask, panicked. She shakily hands me a piece of paper, I notice Bear beside her. I pull away and grab the paper. I open it. Inside the paper was a picture of a tied and beat up Jackson. I growl.
'If you want your Beta back alive, you'll turn yourself in. If you don't turn yourself in I'll kill him. If you make the right decision we'll meet at the Langston Forest at ten o'clock tonight and Luna...come alone.' It reads. I growl loudly, shaking crazily. Oh hell no. They are threatening my mate, my Luna! They are making me choose between my Luna and my best friend. I shake more and more and I know my eyes are completely black. Anger is rolling off me in waves, I know that I am going to shift. I couldn't hear anyone in the house so I know Mr. Paine and Mark are gone. I growl loudly, shaking things around me.
"Cole no!" Scarlet yells but it is too late. I've already started to shift.

Scarlet's POV

I watch as Cole shifts into his huge midnight black wolf. Bear whines and runs away. I sigh and slid against the wall, sitting on the ground. I place my head in my hands, tears rolling down face and into my hands. Jackson. Poor Jacks. This is all my fault. I sob uncontrollably. Cole whines loudly. I look up to see him looking at me with sad eyes. I thought he was going to run outside.
"This is all my fault. I-I had no idea that they were after me." I say, crying more.
"Jackson is hurt and it's all my fault. He could be killed and it's all my fault." I say, shaking. Cole whines loudly and walks towards me. I wasn't sure if it was Cole or James but I knew neither of them would hurt me. Cole walks in front of me and lays down. I lay my head on his wolf body and cry into his fur. I seek comfort in him. Cole whines, listening to me cry. Jackson is hurt somewhere and it's all my fault. I sigh sadly and close my eyes. What am I going to do? If I give myself up to the rogues then they could kill me but if I don't then they could kill Jackson. What am I going to do? I cry myself back to sleep.
--------
I felt someone lifting me up. I open my eyes to see Cole carrying me into my bedroom. I was exhausted from crying.
"I'm heavy, put me down." I mumble. Cole sighs.
"You're as light as a feather Angel. Go back to sleep." He says. My eyes close again. I sigh knowing that when I wake up we would have to talk about this.

Cole's POV

I set Scarlet down in her bed. I slide in beside and pull her to me. I can't believe that this is happening. I know that I can't let Scarlet turn herself in but I can't let Jackson be killed. I am glad that Scarlets dad was gone when I shifted. I just got dressed in my normal clothes since my boxers ripped apart. My blood boils at the thought of the rogues taking my sweet mate. I kiss her head. She is such a sweet person, so kind, so innocent. If she was taken by the rogues she would be tortured or worse.
'They will pay for scaring our mate. I want to skin those filthy rogues alive.' James growls in my head. I 100 percent agree with him. He's out for blood and so am I. They think that they can take my best friend and threaten my mate?! Not a chance! I start shaking. Scarlet sighs softly and moves. I need to calm down before I shift again. I let go of Scarlet and slide out of her bed. I shakily walk away from Scarlets room and down the stairs. I feel my eyes turn all black. I slip out the back door and quickly undress from Mr. Paine's clothes. I shake more and let James take over. I shift into my midnight black wolf. I growl loudly as I smell the rogues scent from earlier.
'Xavier, a rogue went into Scarlets house. Send a tracker of here to track the scent.' I mind link Xavier.
'Right away Alpha.' He answers. I walk into the forest. I can't believe this is happening. I haven't been able to tell Scarlet I love her yet or talk to her about marking. James is telling me crazily to mark Scarlet but I can't do that until our problems are gone. I told her last night that I loved her but I know she was asleep, I just had to say it to her. I know that I can't say it to her with everything going on but I want to tell her so badly. She is my world, she is my everything and I hate that those filthy rogues are taking time with her away from me. I growl loudly and claw at a nearby tree, taking out my anger on the tree. I am so angry at the wolves. They take my Beta, they threaten my mate, and they think they can get away with it. I growl and completely let James take over. James howls in anger and claws at everything in sight. A twig snaps in the distance and James growls. He starts running after the sound. Is it a rogue? Did they come back to take my mate?! We run faster. He's not getting away this time. I see a filthy rogue ten feet ahead of me. We run straight towards it and attack it's right side. We sink our teeth in the rogues skin, tasting it's disgusting blood. The wolf yelps and growls. It shakes me off of it and circles around me, I growl and snap my jaw at the rogue. You think you can threaten my mate and get away with it. I growl a fierce and forest shaking growl. We clamp our jaw on the rogues leg and pull.
'Xavier, there's a rogue of Scarlets property. Take him to the cells.' I mind link. I let go of his leg and attack his neck. If I can bite him in the right spot I can knock him out. He claws at me, catching my arm and clawing deep. I clamp my jaw harder on his neck and he stops fighting. I spit the filthy rogue out of my mouth and growl. Don't mess with an Alpha. I leave him there knowing Xavier will be here any moment. I start to walk but fall to the ground. I whine and try to stand. I howl in pain and limp my way back to Scarlet's house.