The Alpha's Scarlet Heart

I sit down at my usual table and begin eating my breakfast. I am sitting in the lunch room at my school, waiting for one of my friends to show up. I sigh and push my curly brown hair out of my eyes. Hi I'm Scarlet Paine. I'm 17, a senior, my eyes are bright blue, I stand at five foot four, I'm pretty I guess, and I'm overweight compared to the skinny model girls that go to this school. I have curves but I really wish I was skinnier. I see couples all around my high school, Dreywood High. I get this sad feeling inside. I have never had a boyfriend because guys these days want girlfriends that look like models. I know that I wouldn't want to be with anyone like that so I refuse to be sad about none of those jerks liking me. I finish up my breakfast and throw everything away except the bottle of orange juice I bought. I walk out of the lunchroom and open my orange juice. I take a drink and go to put the cap back on but someone slams into me, sending sparks through my body and orange juice all over my shirt. I gasp as the cold orange juice seeps through my shirt and onto my white skin.

"Shit!" A male voice exclaims. I look up and meet the most dazzling green eyes I have ever seen in my entire life. I completely forget about my sticky and wet shirt as I check out this extremely handsome guy in front of me. He has dark brown hair, almost black. His hair is long enough to run my fingers through but short enough that it doesn't reach below his ears. His jaw is strong, I can see his hot muscles through his dark blue shirt and leather jacket, his muscles are modest and not too big, his handsome face has a shocked expression expressed on his face, his soft looking pink lips made me want to grab him and kiss him, he looks over six feet, and lastly his dark jeans hugged his hips with such grace and modesty.

"I'm sorry! I didn't see you." The handsome stranger says. I snap out of my awe and look down at my now stained shirt. I sigh. He walks towards me and examines the damage he did to my shirt. I groan.

"Great." I say under my breath. The handsome stranger grabs my hand and instant sparks shoot through my body. He pulls me towards the bathrooms. The girls bathroom is by the boys bathroom. He stops by the bathroom and lets go of my hand. He quickly grabs the bottom of his shirt and takes it off. I stare at him shocked, trying to not stare at his chiseled chest. He smirks at me.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask. He leans against the wall that faces the bathroom, crossing his arms. His biceps look so defined with his shirt off.

"You can't wear that shirt all day." He says. He tosses me his shirt.

"You can wear mine." He says. I stare at him speechless. My eyebrows knit together in confusion. Why is this stranger helping me? I know he bumped into me but still no one would go to this length to help me out.

"I can't take your shirt. What are you suppose to wear?" I ask. He looks at me intently. He is so focused on me that he doesn't seem to notice a pair of freshmen girls staring at his six pack as they walk past him. An emotion settles inside me that I don't recognize. All I know is that I felt like yelling at those girls to stop staring. The handsome stranger smirks at me, as if he knew what I was feeling.

"Don't worry about me. I have a spare shirt in my locker. I'll go get it while you change." He says. I hesitantly nod and walk into the girls bathroom. I rush into a stall and take off my stained black shirt that has several different designs in different colors on it. I put on the strangers shirt, which was two sizes too big since he was so tall. As it settles on my body I am engulfed in his alluring cologne. I lift the collar of his shirt and smell it. It smells so good. I freeze when I realize what I'm doing. I'm so creepy! I grab my shirt and my bag and walk out of the stall. I look at my appearance in the mirror and I can't help thinking how I feel and look so good in his shirt. The color of his shirt blended well with my dark blue jeans. I walk out of the bathroom to see the stranger leaning against the wall once again, except now he has a new shirt on. I start walking towards him. His eyes land on me once he hears me coming. He looks at my outfit completely and a sound escapes his mouth that sounds strangely like a growl. I push that ridiculous thought out of my mind. He smirks at me, a teasing look in his eyes.

"What?" I ask. He shrugs and pushes himself off the wall.

"You look good in my shirt." He says. I blush and look away from him so he doesn't see. I feel my shirt being pulled out of my hands. I look back at him confused.

"I caused you to spill your drink, the least I can do is wash it for you." He says. I open my mouth to protest but the look in his eyes tells me to not even try to fight him on this. I nod and he smiles at me. His smile is so wide and dazzling that I felt my heart skip a beat. Ugh! I can't feel this way about a stranger. Look at him Scarlet. He would never fall for someone like me. He steps closer to me and looks into my eyes. His hand reaches up and his fingers brush across my cheek, sparks soar through me but I'm sure it's just my imagination. His intense green eyes stare into my blue ones.

"Can I walk you to class?" He asks, dropping his hand from my cheek and I suddenly feel empty and cold.

"I don't even know your name." I say. He freezes and looks hesitant to tell me his name. His face clears of any emotion.

"Cole. Cole Steel." He says. I freeze. I know that name. Oh no, he can't be. This handsome, kind stranger can't really be the biggest and baddest womanizer on campus could he? I take a deep breath and ignore the thoughts in my mind that are telling me to run away from him.

"I'm Scarlet Paine." I say. His smiles, a genuine smile that causes my heart to skip a beat.

Cole's POV (Point of View)

I hadn't found my mate yet. I searched for a while my sophomore year but I gave up when I couldn't find her. A mate is a werewolf's soul-mate, their other half, someone they will spend the rest of their life with. Once you find them they are your everything, the most beautiful person you have ever layed your eyes on, the most incredible, smart, and perfect person in your world. The moment you know you meet your mate is when you smell their amazing scent and look into their eyes and your wolf goes crazy inside of you screaming,

'Mate.' Some have described meeting their mates as the best thing that has ever happened to them, others have rejected their mates. To reject your mate is said to be the worst pain you could ever endure, your heart breaks and your wolf goes ballistic, yelling at you and telling you to go get your mate. I am never going to reject my mate but I wasn't jumping in anticipation to meet my mate. After giving up on finding my mate at the end of sophomore year I realized that I could go out with girls that were mate-less until I found my mate. There were always girls falling all over me because of my looks. I figured as long as I didn't sleep with them ever thing would be fine. That was what I thought until I let things get out of hand. I was selfish, moronic, and full of myself and because of all that I began sleeping with those girls, never thinking about my mate...until today. As I lay my eyes on the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, guilt starts settling through me. I can tell that my mate is human and that makes things harder, not only will she not know about us being mates but she will know about my reputation with girls and not want anything to do with me. How can I prove myself to her? I need my mate, my pack needs their Luna. As she asks for my name I freeze. She will instantly recognize the name from the rumors around school. Trust me when I say the rumors are not good. I extend my hand to her and tell her my name. I watch as she freezes. Crap. She grabs my hand in hers. Sparks travel through my body and I can't help but smile.

"Scarlet Paine." She says with her angelic voice. Scarlet, her name fits her.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." I say. I want to hit myself. How clique can I be? She blushes. My mate is so adorable.

"Can I walk you to class now?" I ask her. Scarlet hesitantly nods. I know she recognized my name and that's why she hesitated. Ugh! I am so stupid. My mate is going to run away from me. I have to prove to her that that part of my life is over.