Chapter Thirteen

Cole's POV

"We have a serious problem."  I say.  I just got back from dropping Scarlet off at her house but I didn't leave until I was sure Scarlet was being protected by my warriors.  I'm now sitting in the living room with Nathan, Jackson, Roy, and Diego.
"What's wrong?"  Jackson asks.  I run a hand through my hair.
"The rogues want Scarlet."  I say.  Their expressions turn hard and they look furious.
"What?!"  They all exclaim.  I sigh and put my head in my hands.
"The rogue I captured told me that more rogues will be coming for Scarlet soon.  We need to prepare and we need to make sure Scarlet is safe.  I refuse to let anyone harm my mate."  I growl out.  Jackson slams his fist on the arm of the couch.
"They will not have our Luna!"  Jackson growls.  The others nod.  Roy stands up.
"I volunteer to watch after Scarlet."  Roy says.  I would feel better having someone I am close to watching after my mate.  Jackson stands.
"I volunteer too."  He says.  Diego and Nathan stand up as well.
"We volunteer."  They say.  I smile in gratitude at my best friends.  I stand up.
"Thank you guys."  I say wholeheartedly.  I turn to Diego. 
"Tell Austin and all our most powerful fighters that we need to start training."  I say.  I look to the rest of them as Diego walks away to find Austin.
"Could you guys go over to Scarlet's house and switch positions with the warrior's?"  I ask.  They nod and walk out of the pack house.  I am extremely grateful to all my friends.  I need to find out what that rogue knows.  

Scarlet's POV

I sigh.  I am bored out of my mind.  I pet Bears head, his fur was so soft.  I take out my phone and text Brooke and Zac.  I tell them I need to talk to them and ask if they can come over.  A few minutes later they respond and said they would be over soon.  I sigh this is going to be a hard talk to have.  I love my friends, more than anything and if they don't think I should be with Cole than I won't be with him.  No matter how much that thought breaks my heart, I know my friends know what's best for me and I should listen to them.  I sigh as a lone tear runs down my cheek.  It's crazy really, I have only been dating Cole for a day and I can't imagine breaking up with him.  I'm going crazy.  How had I let myself get so attached to him?  I wipe the tear off my face and wait patiently for my best friends.  There is a knock on the door just minutes later.  I stand up and take a deep breath.  I open the door to see my two best friends standing there with unrecognizable expressions on their faces.  I smile slightly.  I was about to speak when Zac rushes forward and hugs me tightly, he hugs me so tightly like he was afraid I would push him away.  I wrap my arms around him and hug him back, confused as to why he was hugging me like this.  He pulls away and looks into my blue eyes.
"I'm so sorry Scar.  I have been such a jerk.  I was so upset over an old grudge that I couldn't see how happy Cole has made you.  I'm a huge jerk, can you ever forgive me?"  Zac asks, his eyes pleading.  I look at him confused.
"You...you're apologizing?"  I ask.  I look between Brooke and Zac.  Zac nods.
"I still don't trust Steel and if he hurts you I will beat him to a pulp but I will be as nice as possible to Steel as long as you two are dating."  Zac says.  I stare at him, shocked.  I am filled with happiness.  I get to keep my friends and Cole.  I wrap my arms around Zac's neck and hug him tightly.
"Thank you."  I whisper.  I smile widely and release Zac.  I scoop a quiet Brooke into my arms.  I knew that she didn't have a problem with Cole and I she just got caught in the middle.  After we finished hugging we all sat in my living room.  I am extremely happy that Zac decided to put the past aside and is going to try to get along with Cole.  In a way I slightly agree with how Zac acted.  I remember how crazy about Alyson Zac was and how devastated he was when he never got a chance with her.  I can see though how much Cole has changed.  Cole makes me happy and I deserve to be happy.  I take out my phone and text Cole.
'I'm at my house with my friends.  Do you want to come over?'  I text.  I want Cole to see Zac is willing to change and for Zac to see that Cole is a different person now.  I turn to my friends.
"I'm inviting Cole over, is that okay?"  I ask.  Brooke nods enthusiastically and smiles widely.  
"I'm so happy for you Scarlet."  Brooke says.  I smile and look at Zac, waiting for his answer.  He nods.  I smile and my phone vibrates.  I look at it to see it's a text from Cole.  I smile at the fact that he texts back fast.
'I'll be right there :)'  His message says.  I smile and put my phone away.  Everything is finally okay now.  I have nothing to worry about.  Cole and I are together and my friends are okay with it.  Everything is finally at peace.  We put in a movie as we wait for Cole to show up.  A knock at the door sends me walking towards the door.  I open the door to be greeted by Cole's handsome smiling face.  Cole steps towards me and kisses me on the cheek, I blush and smile.
"Hi."  I say shyly.  I still wasn't used to the fact that Cole and I were together.  Cole smiles widely and wraps his arms around my waist, making me bump into his chest.  I blush again and Cole chuckles.  He looks into my eyes.
"You're so adorable."  Cole says.  I smile and lead Cole into the living room.  I see Zac and Brooke look up.  I smile at them and they smile at me.  I sit back down and Cole sits next to me, his hand still in mine.  Bear runs into the room and jumps into Cole's lap, making me laugh.  Zac and Brooke look over surprised.
"When did you get a dog?"  Brooke asks.  Oops I must have forgotten to mention Bear to them.  I smile sheepishly at them.
"A few days ago, Cole got him for me."  I say.  I watch as Bear licks Cole's cheek and Cole chuckles.  Bear climbs off of Cole and moves into my lap, cuddling up in my lap.  Cole leans towards me.
"I am so jealous of him right now."  Cole whispers in my ear.  I laugh and look over at Cole, his face really close to mine.
"You want to cuddle with me?"  I ask, my eyebrow raised.  Cole moves a little closer to me.
"More than you know."  Cole whispers.  My heart beat speeds up at his words.  I smile widely and turn away, blushing.  I pet Bear with my free hand and look towards the TV.  The truth is that the thought of cuddling with Cole sends shivers down my spine.  We all sit silently for a while until Zac clears his throat.  We all look over at him.
"I'm going to put up with you for Scarlet's sake but just know if you ever hurt Scarlet, in any way I will beat you to a pulp."  Zac says to Cole.  Cole does one of those manly head nods.
"I would never hurt her."  Cole says, this time looking directly into my eyes.  I smile.  I pull my hand out of Cole's and move Bear off of me.  
"I'll be right back."  I say.  I walk upstairs and into my room.