Chapter Thirty Four

"Do you ever wonder if your feelings for me are real or if it is just because we are mates?" I ask Cole. I am currently laying on our bed, wrapped in Cole's arms, my back against his chest, bandages are wrapped around the wounds on my wrists and ankles.

Once Cole and I made it back to the pack house, the pack doctor was already waiting for us in our room, once I was all bandaged up, Cole put me into bed and hasn't left my side since, that was two days ago, he was always with me practically wherever I go.  Not that I minded.  Cole freezes, his hands which were softly running up and down my arms, soothing me, have frozen as well. 

"I've never once doubted my feelings for you are true.  The reason that werewolves have mates is because we need someone to calm our wolf, without a mate especially for alpha's, our wolves can become irritable, unsteady, and angry.  The moon goddess created mates for us to tame the beast inside, our wolves instantly fall in love with their mate, however the human side of us doesn't always agree to be with their mate."  Cole's hands continue to run up and down my arms, making sparks ignite through me, calming me.

"What do you mean?  The human side of you guys can choose not to be with your mates?"  I ask him, confused.  I thought that they would have to accept their mates no matter what.

"Well not quite.  The human side feels the mate connection but if someone wants to reject their mate, they can.  What I am trying to say is that my wolf wanted to be with you because you are his mate but I wanted to be with you because I fell in love with you."  My heart swells at his sweet words.  I love that every part of him loves me.  I turn around, wanting to face him properly.  Cole places his hands on my shoulder, stopping me from moving.

"Don't move, you're still hurt.  What do you need?  I'll get anything for you."  He says, gently returning me back to my original position against his back.  I smile shyly.  I lay my hands in my lap, a slight pain coming back.

"I want to lay down with you, just for a little while, I know you have work you need to do."  I say.  He has been neglecting his duties lately and I know that there are a mountain of things he has to do as Alpha and I don't want to be known as the Luna that can't have him leave her side.  Cole gently lays us down and helps me to turn over so my head is laying on his chest and his arm is wrapped around me.

"I can stay as long as you want Angel.  I can deal with the Alpha duties later, you are way more important."  Cole whispers, kissing my hair.  I smile at the sentiment but I know that the pack needs him as much as I do.

"It's okay, I understand you have things to do.  You aren't solely mine.  I have to share you with the pack and that's okay, as long as you don't forget I am here."  I say, teasing him.  His chest rumbles as he growls, making me giggle.

"I could never forget you and you don't have to share me with anyone.  I am all yours.  Being an Alpha is a great responsibility but it's an even bigger honor being your mate."  He runs his fingers over my mark and I shiver.  Cole makes me feel so special and so loved, sometimes it feels as if my heart is going to beat out of my chest.

"Why didn't you get a mark too?  I don't like the idea of those girls not knowing that you are mine."  I say, frowning, not believing that I forgot to ask that till now.  Cole chuckles and it makes me pout at him laughing at me.

"I like it when you get territorial.  Don't worry Angel, I am all yours, I will never let another girl close to me unless it's our daughter."  I smile widely at the thought of our future children.  It was nice thinking about our future together.  I trace circles onto his exposed skin, making him shiver and his eyes grow dark.  I smile, glad that I can affect him too.

"How many kids do you think we will have?"  I ask, genuinely curious as to how much he wants.  He pulls me closer to him.

"As many as you want.  At least two, a boy and a girl.  I can't wait until we have kids.  I know you are going to be an amazing mom."  Although that thought is still scary, considering I am in high school still, and Cole and I haven't reached that point in our relationship because I am not ready, it is still a nice thought.