Chapter Twelve

Cole's POV

My heart broke with every step that Scarlet took away from me.  I glare at Zac.
"I'm sorry about Alyson.  I truly am but I am different know.  I really like Scarlet, more then I have ever liked someone in my entire life.  Scarlet is nice, sweet, caring, beautiful, interesting, and overall amazing.  No matter what you say, no matter what you do I will always care about her."  I say.  I stand out of the booth and look straight into Zac's eyes.
"I want to be with her and I will do whatever I can to make her fall for me.  I am a different person than I was before and I will do anything to make Scarlet mine.  I may have treated other girls like that but Scarlet is special and I will never treat her like I treated those other girls.  If I ever hurt Scarlet I will let you punch me."  I say.  I turn around, leaving them gawking at me.  I walk out of the lunch room, looking around for Scarlet.  I walk out of the school and look around.  I spot Scarlet at the same tree I found her at the first day we met.  I walk over to her and sit down next to her.
"I don't know what to think."  Scarlet says.  Scarlet is turned around so I can't see her beautiful face.  It hurt that my mate wouldn't even look at me.  I move so I am sitting in front of her face.  I lightly put my hand under her chin and tilt her face up so she can look at me.
"I want you, only you."  I say.  Scarlet looks into my eyes, looking through my eyes to see if I'm lying.  I lean forward and close my eyes.  I press my lips against her soft ones.  I absolutely love the feeling of her lips on mine, the sparks that run through our lips are amazing.  
'Mark her.'  James says.  I push him back from marking Scarlet and pull away, sighing in content.  I open my eyes and see Scarlet looking conflicted.  Her expression changes to one of determination.  Scarlet looks into my eyes.
"Promise me that I am the only girl.  Swear that there won't be any others."  She says.  I look deep into her beautiful blue eyes.
"I promise."  I say, meaning it with my whole heart.  Scarlet smiles and wraps her arms around my neck, pressing her soft lips to my firm ones.  I smile and kiss her back.  I finally have my mate.  Now all I have to do is find a way to tell her about me being a werewolf.

Scarlet's POV

Cole likes me, only me.  Cole Steel, the best looking guy at my school, the school's most popular guy wants me.  I almost pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming.  I had my doubts at first that Cole was playing with me or it was a bet but not I can't help but believe him.  I smile widely to myself, thinking about the kiss that Cole and I shared earlier.  I was sitting at home alone with Bear in my lap, thinking about Cole.  Dad was surprised when he saw Bear but he agreed to let me keep him as long as I took care of him, I bought him food and toys.  My thoughts shift to how Zac reacted.  I love Zac, he's one of my best friends but I like Cole a lot too and I can see that he has changed.  I need to find a way to make them get along.  I sigh and hang upside down on my couch.  I am bored.  My phone vibrates and I take it out of my pocket.  The message is from Cole.
'My friends want to meet you.'  Cole's message says.  I freeze.  Meet some of the most popular people in school?  I gulp nervously.
'Uh, sure.'  I text back.  I couldn't be afraid to meet his friends, I'll have to do it sometime.  I move carefully off my couch and look down at my clothes.  I'm wearing a white long-sleeved flowy shirt with blue denim jeans, and white flats.  This should be good enough.  I grab all my stuff and put it in my pockets.  I wait for a few minutes until I hear a knock on my front door.  I open my door to see Cole smiling widely at me.  I smile back, remembering this was all real and that this amazing guy really has feelings for me.  
"You look beautiful as always."  Cole says.  I blush as he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers together.  He lifts our hands towards his lips and presses a soft kiss to my hand, sending sparks down my arm.  I smile at the great familiar feeling.  Cole and I begin to walk to his car but he stops in front of the passenger door and opens it for me.  I smile at his chivalry and step inside his car.  Once I'm inside Cole moves to his door and gets inside.  He starts his car and pulls out into the street.  I play with my hands nervously.  Cole looks over at me for a second.
"You don't have to be nervous, everyone will love you."  He says.  I smile.  I hope so.  After a few minutes Cole pulls into his enormous driveway.  Even though I have been here before I am still at awe.  I reach for the door handle but Cole insists on opening my door for me.  Cole rushes over, faster than I have ever seen a human walk and opens my door for me.  I gape at him and he chuckles.
"I jog every morning."  He says.  
"That takes a lot of discipline."  I say.  He shrugs.
"Some people drink coffee to wake up, I run."  He says.  I look around Cole's property.  His mansion was surrounded by a small forest.  I look harder and I see a pair of grey eyes looking back at me.  I gasp and Cole's head shot towards me.  I look at him then back at the woods but the eyes were gone.  I shake my head.  I must be seeing things.  Cole looks at me concerned.
"I thought I saw something."  I say and continue walking towards his house.  We stop at his door and I take a deep breath.  This is it.  Can't back down now.  Cole opens his front door and steps inside and I step inside beside him.  Cole and I walk into the bedroom where four guys are standing, one of which was Jackson.  I smile.  Jackson and I got close in one of our classes together.  Jackson walks up to me and hugs me, lifting me off my feet.  I laugh.
"Hey Jacks."  I say, calling him by his nickname.  Jacks puts me down.
"Hey Lettie."  Jacks says.  I smile.  I like his nickname for me.  Scarlet, let, to Lettie.  Apparently to Jacks that makes sense so I let him call me that.  Jacks sets me down.  I turn towards Cole to see him looking slightly angry.  What's wrong with him?
"So you have already met Jackson.  This is-"  Cole starts to say but a guy with blonde hair interrupts him.
"We can introduce ourselves."  The guy says.  Cole glares at him but stays quiet.  The blonde steps towards me.
"I'm Nathan.  The best looking one."  The blonde says.  I laugh and look him over.  He has blue eyes, buzzed blonde hair, chiseled jaw, muscular to an extent, handsome but he has nothing on Cole, and way taller than me.  He looks like the egotistic and funny one in the group.  I shake his hand and he steps away.  A guy with light brown hair that is spiked up slightly in the front, brown eyes, strong jaw, same amount of muscle as Nathan, slight facial hair, handsome, looks Mexican or another nationality, and slightly tan.  He moves his hand in front of me.
"I'm Diego."  He says in a deep foreign voice.  He steps away and the last guy steps up.  This guy looks different from the rest.  He was the nerdy one of the group, I like that, all the guys before him seemed unapproachable.  This guy with his messy black hair, hanging in front of his black glasses, his blue eyes, his less muscular body, he is the same level of handsomeness but yet geeky look, his kind smile, is more approachable.  
"I'm Roy.  I'm the youngest and the smartest.  Obviously."  He says.  I laugh.  I look over the four guys that were closest to Cole and nervously look down at my hands.
"I'm Scarlet.  It's nice to meet you all."  I say.  I look up from my hands to see them all smiling at me.  We all sit down, Cole and I on the love seat and the rest of them spread out through out the room.
"Tell us about yourself."  Roy says, pushing his glasses up.  I awkwardly adjust my clothes.  
"I don't know what to say.  Um, I, uh live with my dad and my little brother.  I am seventeen, I'm a senior, I like the show Haven, I am shy but once I get to know you I won't be."  I say, telling them a little about me.  They look at me interested.  Why do they look so interested?  I tell them other little things about myself but I am cut off when Cole's mom walks into the room.  Her face instantly lights up when she catches sight of me.  She rushes towards me and envelops me in a hug.  I smile and hug her back.  
"Oh sweetie it's so nice to see you again!"  Mary says.  She lets go of me and looks around the living room.
"Hello boys.  I hope you aren't treating Scarlet with any disrespect."  Mary says.  The boys shake their heads excessively.  I laugh behind my hand.  Mary smiles at me and walks towards the kitchen.
"I'll get you guys some drinks."  Mary says and disappears into the kitchen.
"I love your mom."  I say laughing.  Cole smiles widely at me, he looks at me with admiration.