Chapter Twenty Eight

"The first thing I need is to figure out my theme." Nicole says. I smile at her. We are sitting down in the living room and we are talking about plans for her wedding. She wanted to get started immediately. I smile widely and clap.

"I love weddings!" I exclaim.  Nicole laughs.  Xavier wraps his arms around Nicole tight.

"Babe.  We just got engaged.  Shouldn't we wait a while?"  Xavier asks.  She glares at him.

"Are you saying you don't want us to get married soon?"  She asks in a sharp voice.  Xavier's eyes widen and he quickly shakes his head.

"No, no baby.  I love you, I would get married to you right now if I could."  He says.  Nicole smiles slightly.  I knew she was just messing with him but it was still funny to watch.  Cole wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"That will be us someday."  Cole whispers in my ear.  I look over at him, raising my eyebrow.

"What?  Fighting?"  I ask, laughing.  Cole chuckles and kisses my neck.  I bit my lip, to keep from moaning.

"No."  Cole whispers in my ear.

"Getting married."  He says.  I shiver at his closeness.  I freeze when his words hit me full force.  Married?  Cole and I?  I know we are going to eventually get married but it made it even more real to hear Cole say it.  I turn to see him staring intently at me.  I peck his lips and smile at him.

"I can't wait."  I whisper.  He smiles widely and we turn back to the happy couple.  They were smiling at us.  I hadn't realized they stopped talking.  Nicole grabs Xavier's hand and smiles at us.

"We have a question for you two."  Xavier says.  I look over at them, curiously.

"I want to ask you if you want to be one of my bridesmaids?"  Nicole asks, looking at me.  I gape at her, unable to believe what she just asked me.  I can't believe it.

"I know we haven't known each other for very long but I know that we will be great friends."  She says, smiling widely at me.  I grin at her.

"It would be my pleasure."  I say.  She smiles and we stand, giving each other a quick hug.  I look over to see Xavier looking at Cole.

"Cole, wanna be a groomsmen?"  Xavier asks, bluntly.  Cole smiles.

"Sure man."  Cole says.  I roll my eyes.  Men.  Cole looks over at me.
'I can hear you.'  Cole mind links me.  I smile at him, sitting back down.  I kiss his cheek and stare up at his handsome and kind face.
'I love you'  I mind link.  He kisses my forehead.
'I love you more.'  He mind links back.  Life couldn't be more perfect.

--------

"I'm scared."  I say quietly.   Cole puts his hands on my shoulders.  He looks into my eyes and smiles softly.

"I'll be here with you.  No matter what he says, I will never leave you alone.  I'll sneak in every night.  I promise."  Cole says.  I take a deep breath and nod.  I open the door to my house and walk inside with Cole behind me.  I am about to ask my dad if I can move in with Cole and to be honest, I am terrified.  I can't believe that I am going to actually ask my dad to move out.  I'm not even eighteen.  I turn eighteen in two weeks.  I can't wait!  I look around the living room to see Dad sitting and watching some football game.  Dad looks over and he smiles widely at me.

"Scarlet!  You're home!  I was worried.  I hadn't seen you in a few days."  Dad says, smiling.  I was surprised to say the least that he even let me stay at Cole's for this long.  I walk towards him and kiss him on the cheek.