Chapter Twenty

A/N I'm so sorry! My wifi at home is going crazy and I am doing this on my phone so I'm sorry if it's shorter than normal. Merry Christmas or happy holidays and a Happy New Year!
I gasp. Oh no, gosh no. They have Jacks. How could we have let them take Jacks? He's my best werewolf friend and we let him get kidnapped. I start breathing heavily. I start to hyperventilate. Cole's arms wrap around my body as I struggle to breathe.
"Luna, are you okay?" Someone asks. I think I'm having a panic attack. Black dots dance in front of my eyes and I feel myself slipping from consciousness. I faint in Cole's arms.

Cole's POV

I lay Scarlet down on my bed. She fainted from the news of Jackson's kidnapping and I rushed to my house. I kiss her forehead and walk out of my bedroom. I rush to my office where my friends and my top warrior, Xavier was waiting for me. I walk through my door and sit beind my desk.
"How did we let this happen?!" I growl out.
"Alpha we were so focused on protecting you and the Luna that we didn't consider the Beta." Xavier says.
"You didn't consider a member of our pack!" I growl. Roy places his hand on my shoulder.
"Cole, this isn't Xavier's fault. He was doing what he was told. Jackson is Beta he knows how to take care of himself. This is no one's fault. We need to stop focusing on blaming others and figure out how we are going to get Jackson back." Roy says. I sigh, knowing he's right. I rub my temples and sigh again.
"Xavier assemble your best trackers and meet me here. Diego please find Scarlet's fathers phone number." I say and start to pace. How could I have let this happen? My best friend is gone, kidnapped. I wait for Xavier to return. He walks through my office door and we all start to devise a plan. I need to get my Beta and best friend back.

Scarlet's POV

I open my eyes slowly. What happened? I sit up and look around. I'm in Cole's room. Oh no! Jackson! I instantly get out of Cole's bed. I go the long way to Cole's office. When I get there I knock on the door. I have to know what we are going to do about this. The door opens sharply.
"What?!" Cole tells. I flinch and take a step away. Cole's eyes widen.
"Oh! I'm so sorry Angel." Cole says, pulling me into his arms.
"I didn't mean to yell at you, I'm just on edge about Jackson." Cole says. I nod and bury my face in his chest, wrapping my arms around his broad chest.
"What are we going to do? How are we going to get him back from the rogues?" I ask. He places his face in my neck, taking a deep breath.
"I don't know what we are going to do. We need to find out where they are hiding." He says. I sigh.
"I can't believe this is happening. I just can't believe they took our friend, our Beta." I say. Cole's arms tighten around my waist.
"I'll find him. No matter what it takes." He says. I nod.
"I am discussing the plans with our warriors. There's something I have to tell you." He says, looking nervous. I look up at him and place my hand on his cheek.
"Cole, you can tell me anything." I say. He smiles down at me.
"With the rogues come after our pack, I need you safe. I don't know what I would do if you got captured...or worse. I need you safe and that's why I think you should stay here at the pack house." He says. I stare at him, surprised.
"You want me to stay here until you get rid of the rogues? Cole I can't." I say. Cole looks at me guiltily.
"I'm sorry but you don't have a choice." He says, determination in his eyes.
"Cole, I can't! What about my dad! What if they come after my dad or if they go after my brother! I can't let that happen!" I say, pulling out of his arms.
"Scarlet, you have to stay here, it's the only way that you'll be safe." He says. I shake my head and cross my arms.
"I appreciate your concern but this is my choice and you can't control me!" I say loudly. I storm out of the pack house. I can hear Cole's footsteps behind me.
"Angel, I can't let you go! You won't be safe. If anything happens to you I would never be able to forgive myself. You're my whole world." He says. I turn around and face him.
"Cole. I care about you so much, you'll never know how much you have helped me and how much you mean to me but I can't leave my family. I just won't let them get hurt!" I say. Cole sighs and runs his hand through his hair. Silence fills the air. I hate fighting with Cole. I care about him so much. It's crazy that it's only been three weeks since we starting dating, it feels like much longer. I just wish things were less complicated in our relationship but that isn't easy when your boyfriend is a werewolf. I sigh and run my hands over my face. This is all too much at once. Rogues, kidnapping, mates, family, and safety. I am now a Luna. I need to look out for the pack and my family. This would all be easier if I could tell my family about werewolves but it would also put them in more danger. So much is going on that Cole and I haven't gone on another date yet.
"There might be another way." He says. I look at him.
"Really? What is it?" I ask.
"I could stay at your house with you." He says. I stare at him, shocked.
"There's no way that my dad will allow my boyfriend stay the night nevertheless live with me." I say. He moves towards me, wrapping his arms around me.
"No, what I meant was that I can have warriors watch your house during the day and sneak in at night." He says. I think about it. Would that work? I sigh.
"Okay." I say, knowing this is the only way he'll let me go home. Cole smiles. I'm glad though that I don't have to sleep without him.
"I don't think I would be able to sleep without you anyway." He says. I smile widely, kissing him softly.
"I think it's very sweet you want to protect me. I didn't think I would be able to sleep without you either." I say. Cole smiles and kisses my forehead.
"I'll protect you with my life." He says. I flinch at his words.
"Don't say that. Even the thought of you...dying is horrible." I say. Tears threaten to form in my eyes at the thought of Cole dying. Cole pulls me closer and I put my head on his chest.
"I'm not going anywhere, not without a fight." He says.
"I should head home soon, I've been gone a while." I say. Cole sighs.
"I don't want you to go." He whines. I laugh.
"We won't be apart for long. You're going to sneak in later, right?" I ask. He nods. I pull out of his arms.
"Would my handsome werewolf mate please take me home?" I ask. Cole groans.
"Of course I would my beautiful mate." He says. I blush. Cole and I walk hand in hand towards his garage. He opens his passenger door for me and I slid inside, thanking him. He closes the door and gets in the passenger seat. He starts his car and pulls out of his garage, driving me home. He parks on the curb at my house. I look over at him, a worried look on his face. I grab his hand.
"We'll find Jackson. No matter what it takes we will find him." I say. Cole smiles slightly and nods at me.
"I know." He says. He leans over and kisses my lips softly.
"The Warriors are already here and I'll be over later." He says. I smile and kiss him.
"Thank you." I say. I get out of his car, blowing him a kiss and walking inside my house.