Chapter 1 - Bad Habit (pt.1)

The group of 3 boys ran after the so called 'troublemaker,' panting, and shouting after him. "Han Tae Joo, you son of a bitch!" one of them shouted. Ironically he was the slowest out of everyone. So who knows who heard him from back there.

Han Tae Joo looked back, smiling proudly as he continued to outrun the group.

"Stop right there, you buffoon!" the same boy called out once again, seeming like the leader.

"Stop running after me!" Han Tae Joo raised his voice back at the boy as he looked back to them, however, continuing to run, nearly falling over as he turned.

As the group of 3 seemed to be losing (keeping up) with Han Tae Joo, the supposed leader ordered the other two boys to split, "You go that way." he pointed a different direction for the grey-hooded boy. Without questioning, he did so.

At last, they had finally got him when Han Tae Joo was greeted by the one who had been ordered to go a different direction.

He still tried to go past him, but there was no use. Han Tae Joo turned, hoping that maybe the other two hadn't caught up, but he was very wrong. He gave a quiet chuckle as he backed into the wall; he seemed a little amused by the situation.

"You're damn fast, aren't you?" another boy finally spoke, pulling his sleeves up.

"With Min Gyeong, I thought, 'Well, it can happen."  The so-called 'leader' said, "but the three of them, that's overdoing it!" He said, trying to get past the two of his friends, "Why are you guys so tall, dammit." He pulled them apart.

"Min Gyeong?"  Han Tae Joo questioned. "She was pretty, that's true. Though she was a bit short." He assured the 'leader'  mockingly.

"Do you wanna die?" he spat, "and Hyeon Jeong, then? I was hardcore in love with her!"

"She is the one who came to me first--"

"I'm on the verge of being traumatized, right now. Even though I don't like the Christian religion, the faithful Kki Ppeum... I was sure Kki Ppeum would never be like that."

"Kki Ppeum was indeed the most charming of them all." Han Tae Joo continued to tease the leader, completely ignoring the other two boys.

"Hey!" he screamed. "Why is this guy so conceited?" He continued to shout, looking at the pair next to him. "Even in terms of looks, I'm more..." he gestured to his own face, making a circle-like motion, "Don't you think?" He turned to the grey-hooded boy as if wanting him to answer. Tae Joo scoffed, a grin still spread on his face as he watched the leader's apprentices not answer.

He suddenly raised his fist, going in at Tae Joo, only for it to be caught instantly. "If you hit me, you'll have a hard time dealing with the aftermath."

"Humph! My dad is a board director at TB Group, you buffoon." Kim Pil Hyun (leader) says in a vain attempt to threaten Tae Joo. However, Tae Joo just laughed, unimpressed as he knocked Kim Hyun's hand away. After, he proceeded to lean down, laughing. "You're laughing?" He questioned, surprised, but a bit of offence in his tone, "So you keep laughing, uh?" Kim Hyun put his hand on Tae Joo's shoulder, and proceeded to punch him in the jaw. "You're laughing?" he shouted, steeping back and watching him fall to the side.

One of the other boys in the group grabbed Tae Joo's shoulder: but suddenly, a new figure appeared from the corner. The character walked over, eyeing the group of boys. He walked confidently over to them. Swiftly, the boy threw something at Tae Joo, nodding slightly.

He grabbed Kim Hyun by the collar of his jacket, pulling him, "were you the one who did it?" He said, ridicule.

"Go easy on him." Tae Joo said from the side, watching, amused.

Kim Hyun sighed, "I was wondering why you didn't appear. You're this buffoon's servant, aren't you?" he questioned, pointing to Tae Joo with his head for a second.

At this comment, Tae Joo's smile disappeared. His gaze went from Kim Hyun's to Kang Gook (the new figure) and back at Kim Hyun.

Kang Gook's grip tightened, "That's right, I am." Then proceeded to send Kim Hyun back forcefully, letting go.

Though... Kim Hyun patted his clothes down as he 'had been dirtied.'

"Wait, but this darned servant--" he attempted to punch Kang Gook but Tae Joo caught Kim Hyun's fist, striking him in the nose, knocking him back.

The other two boys turned to help Kim Hyun, asking if he was alright.

Tae Joo walked closer, humourless. "What should you do?" He began, getting the three's attention, "My dad is the Chairman of TB Group."

The boys exchanged looks, confused. Kang Gook however kept his gaze on Tae Joo.

Tae Joo turned, smiling.

We are long-time friends, but it's a disguise for a master-servant relationship.

• • •

There was a buzz that rang in Kang Gook's ears once Tae Joo's father slaps him. However, he just continues to stare down, meanwhile, Tae Joo watches as his father sits down. "I don't think I told you to play house," his father began, "when I assigned you to Tae Joo."

"I apologize."

"It wasn't playing house!" Tae Joo raised his voice, "It really hurt." he continued, lowering his voice a little due to his father's glare. Kang Gook glanced at him for a second.

"So you haven't fixed your habit yet, I see." his father said.

"I'm telling you that I got hit in order to avoid making an issue, this time." Tae Joo stated.

"Han Tae Joo." There was a slight pause, building up tension in the room, "When you do something wrong," his father then glanced at Kang Gook, "I'll beat Gook every time." Kang Gook closed his eyes, exhaling, while Tae Joo opened his mouth to comment, but he was cut off before he could state anything, "If this kind of thing happens one more time, I'll send you to England, so keep that in mind."

Tae Joo and Kang Gook glanced at eachother, Kang Gook just shook his head, giving a small smile while they slowly turned their heads to look forward once again. "I got you a house so that you would live quietly without drawing attention," his father added, "be careful of how you behave."

"Yes." Tae Joo said in union with Kang Gook, but he had added a 'sir' at the end.

•  •  •

Tae Joo layed down on the couch, Kang Gook approached him with a small box.

He sat up, and Kang Gook sat down next to him, opening the box and starting to treat the wound on Tae Joo's face.

Kang Gook sighed: Tae Joo moved his head away looking forward, "I'm sorry." He said with a small pout.

"For what?" Kang Gook stared at him, somewhat confused.

Tae Joo exhaled sharply, "Who would have thought that taking the blow would be worse." he changed the subject.

"In the future, don't take it and just hit them." Kang Gook said, leaning in slightly.

A smile spread on Tae Joo's face, he looked back at Kang Gook, "That'd be better, right?" he smugly said.

Kang Gook clicked his tongue, "By the way, how can you tell them you're the chairman's son?"

"Dammit, that jerk was the one who was acting up. He was saying his dad is a board director." he said, long-faced, but it was replaced with a repulsed smile, "Would I not be dumbfounded in that situation?" He laughed as he said this.

There was a small smile on Kang Gook's face, "We're going through these troubles on purpose to not be caught."