Chapter 4 - The Ego of the Shadow.

Tae Joo halted, scenes going through his head.

Kang Gook grabbed hold of his wrist, pulling him up away from Kim Hyun. "Stop it, don't cause trouble again."

...

Kang Gook turned his hand out in a painful way, "Ah!" Tae Joo shouted.

...

"Stop provoking me!"  Kang Gook stared at him, "please, I'm asking you." He lowered his voice.

He looked up.

The shadow grew a self.

Kang Gook looked at him, Tae Joo staring right back.

I should do him his favour.

• • •

Tae Joo sat in front of the lady, reading through a book; but glanced back, there seeing Kang Gook.

"Leave." Tae Joo said, getting Kang Gook's attention.

"Will you really be okay?"

"Don't overreact. I won't get stabbed." Tae Joo turned back to the book.

"Call me if you need me."

"Sure, sure." Tae Joo said, not even looking at him anymore.

Kang Gook stood up, bowing his head to the lady; and her doing it back. He then made his way to the exit, looking at Tae Joo for a moment as he passed.

Tae Joo looked out the window when he heard the door open. He took the cast strap off from around his neck. "Jeez, it was so suffocating I thought I'd die."

"Is it okay for you to take it off like that?"  The lady asked.

"It was fake from the beginning." Tae Joo simply answered, picking up a pen.

"Now let's solve the next question." In this part after reading the question first," Tae Joo was barely paying attention as the lady went on, looking back out the window, "decide what the key words are before moving on to reading the passage."

He watched Kang Gook cross the street and leave, everything that the woman was saying was just going from one ear and out the other. He watched as he left with a girl, "He's really going."

The lady looked at him, pausing from what she was saying, "Tae Joo." she called out once, "Tae Joo." at the second call, he looked at her.

"Teacher..." a small smirk creeped up on his face, "I'm hungry."

• • •

Kang Gook poured water into the glasses, walking back to the table where the girl from earlier was. She was eating. He picked up a spoon, looking to the door for a moment. Hye Mi (the girl) looked at him, "a lot of people tell me I sound like I'm doing a meokbang." (Meokbang: videos if people eating deliciously.)

"You really eat well." He took a bite of the food himself.

"Do you think you'll watch if I do it?"