Chapter 17

Tae Joo sat at the edge of the bed; lost in his thoughts. He couldn't put a finger on why Kang Gook could have run away. It just didn't seem right to him.

No, something is definitely wrong...

After a couple of minutes, it finally clicked to him. He raised up from the bed, and grabbed his bag. He began to shove stuff in there: like a flashlight, food, and such.

He looked around the apartment before rushing out, locking the door behind him.

• • •

He stopped a taxi. "Nearest airport. Hurry."

Tae Joo had to make sure. It still didn't make sense why Kang Gook would just leave. Especially for no reason.

Tae Joo had told the driver to stay a minute before he returned, he walked up to the desk, looking at the lady there.

"Has there been anyone registered as Kang Gook on one of these flights?"

The lady eyed him, before shaking her head.

Where could he--

"I can check with other airports for you sir." she said.

Tae Joo's eyes widened, he nodded, "Quickly."

"Ah, none of them seem to have his name on the list..."

Tae Joo nodded, and gave a small 'thank you' as he ran off. He got back into the taxi, leaning back into the chair.

"Where else, sir?"

"Hold on, two seconds.." Tae Joo groaned, looking outside the windows, then it clicked to him. He took his phone out, dialing a number.

"This is the pol---"

"Where is Kang Gook?" he demanded. Since he was also in Japan, he had to speak English; due to him not knowing it well enough.

"Ah sir, we can't really tell you---"

"Who is he with?" Tae Joo's tone was filled with anger, and maybe a bit of worry.

"Please come to the station for more."

The call ended.

These idiots...

He looked at the driver, and gave him the address. Starting the journey right away.

• • •

Tae Joo got out of the car after paying the driver, making his way up the stairs. He entered the building, pushing past guards and into the unit he knew Kang Gook worked in.

Shock covered his face when he saw Kang Gook sitting down on a chair, having a normal conversation with another person.

"Hey, Kang Gook!" he called out rather loudly, hatred filling his tone. He watched Kang Gook turn around, standing up suddenly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Why is your phone off? Where have you been?!"

Suddenly, another person stood up, taking Tae Joo off guard when they began speaking Korean, "Let's stay calm here."

A scoff left Tae Joo's mouth, "What are you in this?" he turned back to Kang Gook. "You've been here the whole day! Without even telling me?"

Kang Gook sighed, and grabbed Tae Joo's wrist, dragging him outside. Leaving everyone to just stare.

• • •

Tae Joo yanked his hand back once they were outside.

"Stop acting like a little kid! I can't have my phone open at work."

"A little message could've helped! I went searching at the airport for you."

Kang Gook's eyes widened, "You thought I'd leave you?"

A small pout appeared on Tae Joo's lips. He folded his arms across his chest, turning away from Kang Gook with a small stomp.

Kang Gook took a deep breath, and grabbed Tae Joo's shoulder, turning him back around. Before he could say anything, Kang Gook had wrapped his arms around him. 

Tae Joo didn't hug back though. He felt numb, something still wasn't right.

"I'll call in - saying that I have to go back home." Kang Gook whispered.

There it is.

Tae Joo huffed Kang Gook back.

• • •

It was silent on their way home. Then inside of the apartment - nothing could've gone worse.

Tae Joo had already misunderstood and got angry at Kang Gook - and it was for absolutely no reason. Kang Gook had to apologise to Tae Joo. And back to Tae Joo: he had made Kang Gook have to call in to go back home just 'cause of him.

The two layed in bed, their backs to eachother. Well until...

Tae Joo turned around slowly, staring at Kang Gook's back. He shuffled closer little by little - then rested his hand on Kang Gook's waist, waiting for a response...

He tried to move closer, but his hand was stopped by a larger one.

Kang Gook sighed, turning around to Tae Joo, without saying anything, he embraced him.

• • •

SORRY for the short chapter again - ndjd

⚠️⚠️Don't forget to follow/vote to support me in the future with other stories I'm coming up with...👉🏻👈🏻 Og stories in a month or so⚠️⚠️