Chapter - 30 Kasumi's Father

Behind the convenience store.

"Sorry for keep asking for favors Mr.Iwasaki and thanks for everything again."

"Don't worry about it, and don't take it as a favor, even though I'm retired I still need to be sharp and doing things like these again helps, so feel free to call again if you have some work for me." Replied Mr. Iwasaki in a happy tone.

"I will, thanks again." He pushed the end call, sighed in relief, and drew a small on his face.

"Welp time to go to work..." he said to himself removing his convenience store uniform.

A day after Keisuke's and his thugs bullied him Mina decided to help with Kasumi's troubles, he asked the retired detective to investigates the largest company in bishop city. The call he receives today is from Mr.Iwasaki informing here about the intelligence he found and the data he needs to help Kasumi.

Meanwhile.

As she said to Mina that she will handle the problem, Kasumi returns to her home to talk to her father about the trouble Keisuke caused her. The renowned Dr. Jubei Miyoka the top neurosurgeon at white dove resigned when his wife died 5 years ago now, he tries to manage the small firm his wife owns but one of his lawyers won a certain case from Keisuke's father who is now pressuring Mr. Miyoko's firm. Mr. Miyoko and Mr. Ishikawa are used to be good friends in their early years that's why they both agreed to arrange a marriage between their kids but everything suddenly turned sour and the former friends never talk again and that's how all the trouble started.

"Lady Kasumi, you've returned earlier than expected? Shibame muse on.

"I'm just here to speak to my father, is he around?" asked Kasumi

"Master Miyoko is in his study room, my lady."

"Thank you, Shibame." She replied and proceeds to the second floor.

Kasumi and his father haven't talked since her mom died, she readies herself for the coming nerve-wracking encounter, she's been preparing this day since the day she left she hasn't procured the courage she needs but the desire to cut off Keisuke in her life is stronger than ever.

She opened the large wooden door and announced herself strongly.

"Father I need to talk to you." She uttered her heartbeats skyrocketed as she saw her dad's blank expression and sits to his favorite chair.

"Kasumi, you're back early, did you run out of money, you should have just call or texted me..." he announced without even looking at his daughter and slowly skimming at the book he is holding.

"If you bother checking the account number you gave me, you'd know that I never touched your money." She voiced.

A deep sigh escapes his fathers' mouth as he closes the book he's holding and finally looks at his daughter how been glaring at him with tears forming on her eyes.

He might be strict and made a few mistakes but he loves his kids more than they know, it's just he doesn't know how to act he's been so distance with them for a long time he doesn't have to worry about expressing himself when his wife is still alive and the way he only knows to support his family is through financial effort. This is probably the first time that he's going to act like a parent and give them a heart to heart talk.

"Kasumi...listen, I... why don't you take a seat, we have a lot of things to talk about, and I'm sure you have a lot of things to say." He said with a small warm smile.

Kasumi just stood there flabbergasted for this is the first time he saw his father smile and not just an ordinary smile but a consoling one as if he's pleading to talk to her because ever since she can remember, she was used to his father expressionless face. She got never really close or even talk to him ever since and this is the first time hearing her father uttering those words.

Her father stood up from his chair and move into the study large study table with a few chairs he moves two of those chairs close to each other awkwardly sat in one of them and urging Kasumi to sit next to him.

Kasumi grabs the chair, move it a bit far and she sits across to his father, making the large table as a border between them.

For a brief moment, they were surrounded by fiddly silence.

"First of all, I apologize for everything up until now, I never really been a good father."

His father stood and bow his head to his daughter, an act left Kasumi in awe.

"I know I've never been a good father, ever since...No, it's time for me to take responsibility for my actions I'm ashamed of myself for making excuses and worst using your mom's death as an excuse for my shortcomings, forgive me..." he's regretful and his bow escalates to him prostrating in-front of her shocked daughter.

"I know my sins are deep and can't be forgiven, but at least give me a chance to show my sincerity by at least letting me do my responsibilities as a parent." He voiced out looking directly at her daughter.

Downstairs.

The main door flayed open and in-front of it a distraught young man with silk black hair and sharp slanting eyes skin, smooth as porcelain. The maids hurriedly attended to the young master.

"Welcome back Young Master." Greeted the maids in chorus.

"My sister, I been told that my sister is here." He said heading towards the second floor but before he can reach the first step, he was stopped by the Head Maid.

"Young Master, I'm glad to see you doing well." Greeted Mariko

"Mariko, I came here as soon as I received your call did something happen to big sister, did father hurt her?!"

Mariko just smiled calmly and hands over the tea set to him. This is Katsuki Miyoko, Kasumi's Kindhearted younger brother and a bit over-protected to his older sister, that he admired so much.

"Don't worry just go upstairs and give it to them, you'd be surprised." She smiled at the confused teen.

He slowly ascends the stairs carefully not wanting to spill the tea, when he enters the library, he was greeted with...