Chapter - 23 A day at the Orphanage

After dinner.

He helps the kids with the dishes and few of their house chores, and a bit later Sister Isabella and Mina have a bit of talk while he waits for the Headmistress. They were waiting by the porch having small talks.

"S-so Mina, I heard from the Headmistress you finally have a place to stay." Sister Isabella asked awkwardly.

"Yes, finally it's a lot better than my last place, the girls are awkward at first and some of them are understandably against me staying there." He replied.

"G-girls? Wait, there are girls in that new place?" she asked confusedly trying to confirm what she heard

"It's supposed to be a dorm for girls, there are 6 girls in total including our landlord." He explained.

"And they allowed you to stay." She asked wide-eyed.

"T-they did, crazy huh?" he smiled awkwardly.

Realizing she might have insulted doubting him she doubled down.,

"OH! No, no, I mean you're a nice, honest, caring and sweet person I understand that they'd let you stay! I'm sure they trust you and I do too, I mean, I wouldn't mind sharing a bed with you." she quickly retracted.

"I- I didn't know you think highly of me Sister." He said surprised by what the servant of God said.

Realizing what she said, she turns redder than a freshly picked tomato.

"I-I-I'm sorry!!!" she muttered as she quickly stood open the door and rush inside the Orphanage.

"W-was it something I said?" he uttered cluelessly while looking at the seems to be embarrassed Sister running up the stairs.

Then he heard a vehicle that's easily climbing the steep hill and approaching slowly towards him the bright headline shone the porch and the sound of the vehicle engine stopped the front door opened from inside of the Headmistress give him a solemn smile.

"Good evening Ma'am." He greeted walking towards her.

"Good evening Mina, I'm glad to see you visit." She replied.

Mr. Iwasaki seems to have met her after she finished buying supplies for the Orphanage, he kindly offers her a ride. He offered to help when he noticed Mr. Iwasaki and his son Takeo unloading the supplies from their truck.

"Always glad to see you, Mina, thanks for helping forgive me I'm not really good with manual labor." Said Takeo wiping the sweat from his forehead with the towel around his neck.

"Glad I could help and it's nice to see you too and don't worry about it." (he's always been worrying about small things.)

Mina noticed that Takeo seems to be restlessly looking for someone trying to peak at the inside of the Orphanage.

"You do know you can come inside, right?" said Mina giving him a weird look.

"OH! Right, right...Is Sister Isabella inside?" Takeo asked.

"She is, I think she's upstairs." Said Mina

"Right, thanks I'll...If you'll excuse me." Said Takeo as he stiffly walked towards the door.

(What was that all about...)

"I'm guessing he's going to see Sister Isabella." Said Mr. Iwasaki as if hearing what he said.

"He is."

"That boy of mine, still acts like a kid, even though he's 2 years older than you, you see he seems to have developed a romantic feeling with Sister Isabella." Mr. Iwasaki explained.