Chapter 3 - Morning in the Famille'

He can hear birds cheerfully chirping outside his room window at any other day, that would be a beautiful harmony a sign for a bright new day, but for him at this moment it's torture because his been up all night, the thought of sharing this house living in supposedly all girls dorm kept him awake.

And as he was about to finally doze off a loud knock on his door made him jump out of his bed.

"Mina! Wake up you sleepy head it's almost noon, don't you have plans or something?"

Banging on his door is the one responsible for his demise, Miyoko Neyane his childhood friend.

"I'm up...I'm up, just stop banging on my door already..." (God my head hurts and her banging on my door like that is making it worst.)

As he opens his door.

"Yikes! What happen to you? Those bags in your eyes I can fit my whole life savings in there..." she said as she continues to knock his fist in his forehead.

"Your life savings? How much is it? a quarter? And would be please stop knocking on my forehead, I have a headache and you're only making it worst..."

"Not sorry, any way you're giving a bad impression to your fellow housemates here waking up this late, you're making me look bad." She said with a disgust expression in her face.

He glances at the balcony door behind Miyoko and glances at the fire exit window at his back he noticed a dimmed light behind the thick curtain.

"Dude it's already 5." Miyoko claimed.

"Five Pm?!!" he said in his surprised his doziness faded.

"No, it's Five in the morning..." she said with a confused look.

He immediately dash towards the fire exit window which is closer to him and opened the curtain window he notice the sun rising from the horizon, some people jogging uphill and the paper boy doing his routes.

"Mi-yo-ko!!!" he said as he return his gaze back at her she saw her standing near the staircase giving him a tee-hee look.

And she ran down the staircase.

(That woman...she almost gave me a heart attack geez, she had a point though waking up late in my first day is unacceptable anyway since I'm up might as well greet someone down stairs and do some house chores...)

(I need to wash this grime of my face first...)

As he head towards the staircase he can hear voices from the living room, there he was greeted by.

"Oh so you're a morning person as well Mina? Said Raika whom looks like she just attended a ball.

"Or not, you have bags in your eyes." Said Ms.Mikahara as she sips her coffee wearing a business attire.

"You look like someone from a horror house." Snarl Yomiko.

While Kasumi is sitting silently and reading a thick book in one of the living room single sofa, totally ignoring his existence.

(Christ, they are all morning people, I'd be really embarrassed if I wake up a bit late now, I guess I owe Miyoko again for this, next time I have to wake up before them...)

A bit ashamed he hurriedly walks toward the kitchen and in to the laundry room and washes his face in the sink beside the huge washing machine.

When he returns to the dinning are everyone is sitting there waiting for him.