Chapter - 21 Going on a Journey

Two days later.

Everything's back to normal even the old sweet neighbors next door are back.

"Good Morning. Reimako-san. And Mina-san." Greeted the old lady watering her plants at her front yard

"Welcome back Mrs. Kato." Greeted them both.

Mrs.Kato looked at

"Thank you again Mina-san for getting our house back the house that our deceased son gives to us." She said smiling and bowed sincerely.

"D-don't worry about Mrs. Kato, I just did what you asked of me." He smiled embarrassingly and bowed as well.

Rei looked at him and gave him a sweet smile. As she opens the door wait for Mina carrying the groceries they bought.

Unknown to the girls Mina already knows who's the mastermind behind the raid on the Famille he already told the Retired Major and a former Special Intelligence and Investigations Director Mitsuko Mikahara (Tegemi's foster parents) That I involve Yomiko's biological father.

The same parent who left Yomiko and her mom when she's only five and a huge depth to the Aizukotetsu Yakusa.

Yomiko don't remember that event in her life, she suppressed it that's what I heard from them when I kinda eavesdrop at Rei and Yomiko's conversation ( I was lying at the roof watching the stars when I heard Rei and Yomiko talking a bit late to climb down since that's the nearest exit and jumping down from the rooftop would break my legs.)

She shared Rei the reason why she's been working hard for the past months enough for her to collapse many times at the set (seriously this girl works too much) Tegemi scolds her, but she recently told her that her manager hired a new assistant that helped her a lot since then.) Her reasons for working that because she believes she'll see her mom if she works hard enough.

Now knowing what he knows, and a small clue that Yomiko's mother is still alive, he decided to go on a long journey.

"Mina? What's with the huge bag?" asked Raika that stopped reading her magazine when she noticed him putting his bag in one of the sofas.

"W-wait, don't tell me you're leaving?" wallowed Kasumi wide eye and seems to be worried.

Raika gave him a worried look as well when she heard what Kasumi assumed.

"Oh, no, no I'm just going..."

Earlier

"Tegemi, you there?" called out Mina as she knocks to her door.

"Yeah, come right in." she answered unlocking her door.

He walks inside her room and closed the door behind him.

"How can I help you today, Mina?" she smiled while saving the document she's writing and turn to face him.

"I-uh, can I have a short break?" he asked awkwardly.

"Sure, no problem, you don't really need to ask you know." She said giggling.

(Oh, that what easy.)

"But...knowing you, it's not just some simple break, right?" she snickered.

(Ugh, she's sharp as always.)

"It's about Yomiko's mom," he said

"You're going to look for Yomiko's mom?" she said leaning back on her seat and sighing deeply.

"How did you guess that I'm going to look for her?" he wondered?

"You just confirmed it." She said as she grinned.

"Uh." (She got me, she asked an open-ended question pretended to be distraught for me to, damn she's got me good.)

"Mina, listen it's not like I'm not concerned about Yomiko's mom, it's just knowing you, you probably no definitely going to put yourself in danger, again." She sneered giving me a serious look.

"I'm going to be careful; I promise and I'm not going somewhere dangerous." He explained while trying to evade Tegemi's fearful gaze.

"You're going? Asked Miyoko as he waits for an answer while looking at Minamino that seems to be having a flashback.

"On a short vacation, and no! you can't come with me Miyoko." He said while looking at Miyoko as her smile diminishes from her lips.

"Hmph!" she pouted and heads towards the kitchen.

"You're heading out?" asked Yomiko uninterestingly as she came out of the kitchen holding a fruit smoothie that Rei made.

"For a bit, yeah, I'll be gone for a day or two." He replied picking her backpack up.

"I don't remember asking." Yomiko sneered.

"B-but you just did..." he said giving Yomiko a strange look

"Shut up! Just go! no one cares if you leave!" she snarled rushing upstairs.

(is it that time of the month?) "What with her..." he wondered.

"Oh, don't mind her Mina, she just feels a bit lonely, she felt bad when she slaps you hard and quite worried that you'd never come back." Exposes Raika as she reaches for the fruit smoothie that Rei handed to her.

Then rushing down the stairs she skips through steps to retort Raika

"RAIKA!!! I'm not lonely! Just go already if you're going!!!" snarled Yomiko her face red as a tomato. Pushing Mina in the main hall opened the door pushed Mina out and slamming it close.

"Instead of apologizing to him properly, you kicked him out, again." Said Kasumi smiling a bit

"Jeez, you should have just been honest Yuu." Said Raika

"That's a bit rude, what if he didn't actually come back this time." Said Miyoko sipping on her smoothie.

"I haven't even given him his smoothie." Wallowed Rei.

Yomiko stood there, face still red felt a bit bad hearing her housemates jokingly guilt-tripping her.