Chapter 9 - The Proxy Landlord

"I'm Home."

"Oh you're still alive?" Jokes Miyoko

"Welcome Home, Mina." Greeted Reimako cheerfully.

It's been a few month since I started living at the Famille' me and my housemates are awkward at first but soon they started to warm up to me.

(It feels like I've gotten used to living here.)

It was a bit bumpy at first, I was never sure whether things would work out.

But now it's like I've and them gotten completely used to me living here.

(I'm getting along so well with everyone here...)

(I'm glad Miyoko invited and suggested everyone to accept the only guy living in a all girls apartment.)

I was helping Rei with the groceries when I suddenly hear Miyoko calling me, she told me that Ms. Mikahara is looking for me she added it's probably because of the fact that I'm going to be kick out of the house, I was surprised at first I thought I been doing great and everyone's warm up to me, but she suddenly retorted told me she was kidding, that woman why am I friends with her she almost gave me a heart attack.

I hurriedly went upstairs and knock on her room.

"Ms.Mikahara, it's me, Minamino."

"Ah, Mina?" she peeks on the slightly opened door unlatched the chain lock and open the door.

"Come, in."

"Excuse me for intruding..."

"Mina, this isn't a school staff room." she giggled.

"You don't need to be so formal about it."

"Oh! Right, ahahaha..."

She guided me to her study table there her laptop was open on it is an excel presentation at list of some kind.

Tegemi Mikahara beckons me toward her.

"What is it?" I asked.

She smiled at me gently.

"I know it's been sudden, but Mina you've been here for almost few month now."

"Have you gotten used to life here now?" she curiously asked.

"Yes, I've been having lots of fun recently."

"That's good."

"I hear you just landed a part time job in the near convenient store and been helping around the house a lot too."

"Of course, it's the least I can do for letting me live here." I answered joyfully

"Hehe, and so far, i'm not regretting that decision since you're quite reliable." She replied as she smiles sweetly

Then she continued.

"And, Mina..."

"I've got something I'd like you to help me out with regarding the Famille'."

"Yes, what is it? I'd be happy to help anyway I can."

"So, from today..."

"Will you fill in for me, as the landlord?"

"Huh?!"

(Filling her up? Wait that sound wrong, filling in for her as the landlord?)

"I'm sorry, What?!"

"It's alright, don't get so worked up. It's not that a big of a deal you know."

After saying that Tegemi looks a bit worried.