19. Love A, Senior Conference Part vi

I'm trying to sleep while Tyler presses his frozen palm on my cheeks.
"Fuck off Tyler I'm trying to nap."
"My hands are frozen I need to defrost them"
"By freezing me you fucker? Move!"
"Hey you two, were trying to sleep?" Marina groans
And I had to give up to my protest and we slept that way.
***
BOOM!
We all woke up from our nap by the huge sound from our cottage. Howard jumped off the mattress to hit his head on the ceiling and he falls back to the mattress burying his head in Mia's shoulder. Guess no one learnt the lesson that we aren't supposed to stand inside this 4 feet tall cottage.
"Aahhh" Howard screams and rolls on the mattress. Isaac climbs down the ladder to check the root of the actual noise.
"LOL dude, a pillar broke off!" Isaac laughs.
"Guess 7 people is a lot to carry on a cottage that has been built under 5 hours" I reply.
"OMG I'm outta here, you guys get down ASAP! We aren't here to die!" Mia screams as she crawls toward the ladder.
"You are worried about this, I'm worried about what new charges the camp owner would put alongside the bill to cut off our salary" I murmur as we all walk out of the cottage.
We tried to hide this small mishap from the owners, Zayn and decided to get back to work before things look suspicious.
The keynote speaker is here and I don't have any of the other team members to handle the delegates except Tyler and I and none of them bothered to respond to my walkie talkie messages.
"Tyler could you please do the opening remarks today? I really am not in the mood and I've been doing this forever please?" I beg him, handing over the mike in his hand.
He walks to Zayn and gives the mike to him and asks him to address the speaker. So typical of Tyler Sings.
He comes over and stands beside me. I take a deep breath and rest my head on his shoulder. The fucking so called team mates tease us from the back. "Where on earth were you guys lost? It's so fucking hard to control so many people at a time and learn to fucking respond!" I literally scream at them and I've no idea why am I doing this?
"I'm sorry guys, just take your walkies and start patrolling different sections of this area, make sure the delegates don't make a single noise" I say and walk towards the pool island opposite to where the session was taking place. I fold my legs, cross my arms and hid my face. My breath feels heavy, I don't feel good, there's a stinging pain in my chest; nothing to worry about my health. It's just the pain of digesting the fact that everything's going to get over soon.
"Avery Avery" Tyler speaks on the walkie.
"Yeah?"
"Come to Channel 3"
"Oh God Tyler, stop romancing in free air while you know there are other people who can hear you" Marina groans.
"Yeah dumbass that's the reason I'm asking her to switch channels! Avery c'mon!"
I switch the channel.
"Hi, you there?"
"Yes, what do you want?"
"I love you"
"I know that, what do you need Tyler?"
"Why's your voice so down?"
"Nothing honey. Do you want your bracelet?"
He laughs, I could hear his voice.
"Come and take it if you want, I'm on the pool edge"
It kind of hurts that this might be the last time we did this. I mean the entire conference was about Tyler and I switching channels and confuse others. What we had was a joke. A joke that I couldn't handle.
He comes and sits beside me.
"What's wrong?"
"Oh no, nothing. I'm just so sick of anyone not listening to me." He brushes his hand on my cheeks. I move forward my hand to him, that's what he's here for and I'm being the selfish one to indulge him into my heartbreaking story that he isn't interested in. He pulls the bracelet off my wrist and suddenly everything feels empty. I had a piece of him which I had to return eventually, I mean I can't forget Ava!
As I stare blank at the view of lakes and jungle, a senior year kid sits beside me.
"Hey are you okay?"
"Hell yeah! What are you doing here bunking your session?"
"Just took a mini break. But why do you look so down?"
"Idk, I just feel like I've failed as a chair. I mean none of the students from the other two campuses listens to me, my team mates run off all of a sudden. I just can't handle these anymore."
"Hey hey, you've done so well. It's just a few more hours." Yes. A few more hours.
"Also, I needed to tell you about last night's mishap."
"What mishap?" What is just happening over here?
"A few guys from the upper college were harassing the lower college girls and their chauffeur didn't seem to care and instead ended up saying, 'boys will be boys, let's end this here'. Moreover they made a huge ruckus early in the morning, Tyler had to come out of the Tent to cool them off but didn't work "
"Those jerks.. I am furious right now, the boys have been testing my patience since yesterday, it's high time I'm talking to their dean."
I stand up brushing the dust off my pants.
"Thank you for the information now please get back to your session before Zayn notices you"
********
"Hey why where you sitting over there like a heart broken chick?" Marina laughs.
"Nothing. Just needed time on my own. Never mind. Start escorting the delegates to their tents to start packing. I want them here under 45 mins." I say.
Time management has been a thing to me throughout the last 9 conferences and the only way it was all a success. Kinda proud that my lazy ass managed to pull this off.
"Where are you going?" Tyler says.
"Need to complete some unfinished business Zayn and the upper dean and turns out you couldn't sleep well hun, need to get justice" I smirk at him.
"Aw you guys I'm kind of hating this weird drama right now" Marina cringes.
******
I walk to Zayn and explained the entire situation and needed to let him know that I had no other option other than reporting it to their dean, because their boys have been pulling every nerve in my body. The worst part of it all, I studied in Upper Liberty Heights when I was younger, so Blake knew me well. But a great way to represent a school huh?Perverts.
"Hey Blake, this is Avery, the chair and she wants to talk to you" Zayn introduces me to him.
"Hi sir. I am sorry to be bound to report your students. They have been on their worst behaviour. I'm sorry sir but this isn't how a conference will work. They haven't listened to us, or anyone and always ready to meddle with the other campuses, l won't be here next year, but they will be and so will other people. And as an alumni of your campus as well, I would really love to save the reputation. Thank you sir, I need to go and check on them." Phew. This felt good. And was necessary.
I walk away from them and notice Tyler waiting.
"Why are you here?"
"Great speech darling. It's just wonderful to see how you've evolved with the concept of comebacks. I'm proud!" He pats on my shoulder.
"Idiot. Let's go and get our stuff."
I walk into the cottage to see bare bodies of Howard and Isaac.
"Hey my loves. I am sorry to interrupt your party but I would really love to see you guys put on your clothes as we have to get back to school ASAP." I start putting my stuff in my bag.
"What the hell happened here?" I shriek as I see some red slimy stuff on the white bedsheet.
"Ask Arya. Too much for a person to open a tub of melted lip balm" Mia mutters while giving her a death stare. Just for fun.
"Oh c'mon how was I supposed to know that this shit would turn liquid in this heat" Arya groans.
"Freak out the next person who enters by saying Arya had a little period problem" I say. Arya looks at me with her stupid puppy dog face.
"Uh huh you deserve it" Mia replies.
I'm so tired after packing my bags, I sit in a corner beside this little bloody painting and start eating the left over cake from yesterday whilst the rest of them are still packing. The next person to enter was apparently Tyler, who btw I had lost midway while coming back to the cottage to some senior boys.
"Hey Tyler look what Arya has done!" Mia points at the bed sheet. Tyler stares at it and bites his tongue.
"I'm sure that isn't a big deal, but be careful Arya!" He replies.
Arya stares at me with her so called dead looks. "It's a molten lip balm you dumbass" she screams and throws a pillow at him.
"Oh I knew it, no wonder it's so pink" he replies.
"Yeah right" I murmur
"Wait what did you say?!" He sits beside me and pulls my cheek as hard as he could. I start hitting him but he wraps his arm around me, holding me tight.
"Aw!" Mia says while clicking a picture.
What aw. A moment that I cannot when cherish. She always has a habit of taking me off guard by clicking pictures with my crazy stalker ex when he was actually dating me. But this is different. I mean Tyler is a way better person than my crazy ex used to portray him as. I hate him for ruining so many potential friendships!
"Okay both of you, we are done packing and if your done with your love making session then we can leave" Marina scoffs.
Both of us point our middle finger at her. I do a final check to see nothing's left behind and we all walk towards the dining hall- our meeting junction.