5.Love A, Grief

"I am really sorry Avery but according to your reports, I can't send you abroad for further studies. You need to stay back and heal before we take any decision."

"But dad, I am totally fine please don't do this, I'll be left alone-"

"Enough Avery we listened to earlier and look you're back here."

"Dad.."

"No arguing regarding this anymore, you're late for work and I'll get you public college forms later on."

I stormed out disappointed, wiped out my tears.

Ray messages me, "It's okay love, I'll talk to dad." She always got my back, I don't know what I would do without her. Isn't it difficult already being back here knowing I'll never get to fulfill my dreams of being a doctor? I still get panic attacks at night when I hear myself screaming during bone marrow. Yes, the doctors thought I have cancer and they did the test. Even if I occasionally think about the pain, it sends me chills down my spine; it hurt so much. I needed to breathe but I'm late for work!

I am in no mood for anybody's tantrums today people should understand that.

"Avery we are having difficulties with costs, we need to find sponsors ASAP otherwise conducting the main seminar would be impossible," sir said.

Great. Another stress.

"Sir we have an idea. Let's go to Cafe's to ask them to sponsor us." Tyler stated.

"Yes great, you and Avery may go together but don't take anybody else with you guys"

What really? Tyler and I, alone? He is never going to understand what I am going through rn rather might pass his stupid insensitive comments.

"Tyler and Avery sat on a tree-" I cut off Mia.

"Guys I am really not in the mood today. Dad declined to pay for my admissions abroad and I don't want to stay back, I am so frustrated, everything feels so heavy" I burst into tears. Marina moves forward for a hug.

"Hey ladies have you seen my bracelet?I've been looking for it for a week now."

"Tyler we are in the middle of something right now which is more important than your stupid bracelet" Arya scolds.

Oh right. His bracelet. It smells like him, I don't want to give it back and also, it might create an awkward distance between us so it's all good. I'll give it later on.

"Oh c'mon Avery what's the big deal? Stay here and relax why do you want to go somewhere else and make it a difficult life? It's okay if you don't become a doctor, there's a couple of opportunities out there.."

Not the time Tyler. Becoming a doctor has been a dream ever since I was 7. It would not make a difference to you I know that.

"It's special to me;" Tyler said.

Oh dear. Don't make it tough for me Tyler.Also, why am I holding on to this? It's not like I like him.. Do I?

"Tyler stop complaining, you're so careless you might have dropped it somewhere just look for it. Also, give me your perfume it smells good."Marina says.

Oh yes. The perfume. I wish I could keep it with me. Marina and I spray the cologne and I blurt out, "Tyler give it to me, I've been using it more than you do."