10.Love A, New Year's Party

It's a cool chilly evening, I'm on the porch swing relaxing, seeing our photos. Arya calls me to ask what time they'll come tonight so we could leave for the party.
"Arya I think I'll pass today, you guys go and enjoy. This December break has been so hectic I couldn't even get time to relax, also school's opening next week so work load will be to the tip, I'll stay back tonight please and don't tell Marina she'll act like a paranoid. Just tell her I'll be joining later on."
Also I don't want to celebrate the beginning of a year watching Tyler and Ava together. Also Ava might have been thinking I'm a bitch lately.
"Avery but-"
"Arya please not today. I love you" I cut the phone.
I really need a break from all these now. Getting this attached to Tyler won't be right for me, especially he's leaving soon.
Ray sits beside me. "I know you don't want to go but i kept your dress in your room, if you change your mind" she smiles. " I'm leaving for the party honey don't forget it'll be all night long so I hope I'll see you there."
Only if I change my mind...
_____________
It's 9.30 pm I'm on my pajamas binging on cookie doughs. There you go, it's Marina's call I'm getting now.
"What the fuck is wrong with you, you stupid prick?! Why won't you be here?? These are the last few parties we'll be getting before everything's over! I need your ass here right now!"
"Marina please spare me, I don't want to be around Tyler and Ava and lately I'm not even understanding him anymore."
"Fucker do you even have any idea how much he's asked about your whereabouts? He's already left the venue to pick you up. If you don't understand what that means then I've no hopes on you. Just get ready and get your ass back here." She cuts the call.
I get a text from Tyler.

"I'm on my way, will reach soon get ready ASAP"
"Tyler my outfit isn't ready yet it will take a lot of time to get ready you'll miss the party"
"Doesn't matter I'm not even enjoying the party so I'll leave with you only get ready."

I smile at his text, what does this even mean. He's leaving Ava at parties to get with me and the other day he says that abrupt sentence what does that even mean?
I look at the dress Ray hung it on the mannequin. Having a fashion designing student as a sister has its own perks. I never get to worry about my outfits any time. The theme tonight for the party is sparkles. I mean how many formal events left? Ray kept out a grey knee length ruffled frock with a bow on the waist and a matched choker. It's gorgeous.

I wear the dress and put on a Lacey stocking and walk towards the vanity for the makeup

I wear the dress and put on a Lacey stocking and walk towards the vanity for the makeup. Someone knocks my balcony door. Must be Tyler, who else has the habit of freaking me out using the back door? I open the door and let him in.

"Wow" he mutters under his breath. Wait what did he say?
I act I didn't listen and ask him again with the little angry face I make, "what did you say?"
"Hurry up? Also don't make this face I feel like you'll kill me"
I smile at him. He always says the same thing every time I look at him that way. I check him out a little, he look so cute! Also he wore a white shirt with grey pants and a suspender. He must be tired of dressing formal every day. Also, what's this with his geeky glasses today? Whatever it is he looks nice and that's what matters.
"I know I'm hot you can check me out the entire night could you please get dressed now Avery?"
I stare at him with cold eyes and go to my vanity. I put on eyeliner, a little blush and lip gloss as usual and begin to put my hair on a low bun. Tyler comes and holds my hand from the back and let my hair open.
"What's wrong?"
"No keep it open, it looks nicer on you."
Listening to him, I brush my open hair and yeah, I'm ready.
—————
We get on his car and he begins driving.
"Hey you didn't have to come. I wasn't feeling good so I didn't want to go tonight, also, you left Ava alone at the party."
"Ava isn't alone. It's her family party and I'm sure there's a lot of people for her. What's more important is that we guys have a very small time together left before I leave so I want everyone to be together"
I don't say anything and stare at the lonely road.
"Ava what's wrong with you? I've been noticing you're behaving a little weird."
Ava? Am I Ava ? And who's the one behaving weird?
"It's Avery. You really didn't have to keep your mind over there and come here."
"I'm sorry Avery" and he keeps quiet.
Really you don't have anything to say now?
We didn't really talk anymore the entire time.
The party is taking place in their cabin above the hill by the cliff. It's risky but it's really surreal.
As we walk to the party, Arya comes and says " oooh look who are twinning!" Oh I didn't even notice Tyler and I were matching colours tonight.
"You fucker stay away from me you need so much drama in your life. No actually you needed Tyler to get here!" Marina says.
"I'm sure that bitch is so jealous, she was trying to come and talk to us every now and then to find out about both your whereabouts as Tyler was ignoring her calls." Mia whispers and laughs.
"I missed you babyyyy" Ava comes and hugs Tyler from the back. And the clinging starts now.
"HELLO GUYS! It's almost midnight and we've a surprise planned for you but before that I want all my bridesmaids and groomsmen to couple up the way they walked the aisle that day. Make sure you guys be together nicely I want really good candid shots of you" Sarah says .
"Hey I know you walked with Tyler the other day but if you don't mind can I take him today?"
"Sure." Like he was ever mine.
"No." Tyler interrupts.
"What ?" Ava says, shocked.
"Yes you heard me right. I'll go with Avery, it's only fair that way."
"No Tyler you were supposed to go with her and she should be the one with you." I say
"You heard me. I'll see you later Ava, I know you won't mind." he says and grabs my hand.
"What are you doing Tyler" I ask him as he drags me towards Sarah and Samuel.
"Playing fair."
"How are you being fair? Avery is getting jealous can't you see that? She'll think I'm the one ruining things for you both."
"Nothing's getting ruined. Ava knows what you mean to me and she's my girlfriend there's a fine line between you two."
I can't understand how to react to this statement.I follow him quietly.
" I see you guys are here already, let's get on the dance floor and wait for the count down!"
This is what we've been doing. Cozy dancing and the next moment it's all the same thing again. I'm in no mood for this any more.
He grabs my waist and pulls me closer and I wrap my arms around his neck. All these feel so wrong today... I shouldn't be doing this. I try to move away but he doesn't let me.
" TEN ... NINE.." everyone screams.
I can't believe I'll be seeing him at midnight. He should be with Ava not me.
"THREEE TWOO ONEEE"
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"
And all of a sudden water starts pouring from sky.
"SURPRISE RAIN DANCE YOU GUYS!!" Sarah screams on the microphone.
"Happy new year, you" Tyler whispers. I get tingles at his voice. We are standing so close to each other with our arms wrapped around.
"Happy new year love" I say.
Our temples collide with each other, we can feel each other's breath. We move in symphony to the music. We look at each other, trying to feel every bit of the moment.He is bringing his face closer to mine. Is he trying to kiss me? I close my eyes to feel the entire moment.

I step into reality

I step into reality. He isn't mine and I shouldn't be this unfair to Ava. I open my eyes and move away from him.
I see Ava walking towards us. Oh fuck did she see this?
"Hey can I kiss him for the New Years?" She smiles.
" yes he's all yours" I smile and walk away. It's good she came, all's good no one ruined anything.
My dress is all heavy due to the water. What stupid idea is this for people with no romantic lives. I see everyone dancing together, all happy. Even Ray, Marina, Mia and Arya- everyone's having fun except me ofcourse .
————
It's almost dawn now. The entire night people danced, drank, ate basically it was party all night. Mia, Arya and I rested in the cabin because all these parties aren't our type of stuff. Tyler and Marina comes in now.
"Had fun the entire night?" I asked
"Yes it so much fun unlike you boring girls who spent they entire night in this room." Marina shrugged.
Tyler lies down beside me digging his head in my shoulder. He's drunk.
"I'll drop you guys home" he says.
"No drunk driving thank you I'll ask Aly to pick us up."
"Noooo" he gets up drags my hand and takes me to the deck outside the balcony.
"Look avie it's so beautiful from here" he says and twirls me.

It actually has an amazing view from here

"Tyler you're drunk get inside." Marina scolds.
What's wrong with her.
"Avery I need to talk to you come here" I'm scared now.
"Listen girl I know you've got these feelings but he's just playing you both girls. He's an amazing friend and nothing can change that but you gotta stop hurting your self. See he never texts when you're away just becomes all fun when you're together. He cares for you as a friend but he can't be your boyfriend. I hope you get what I mean"
I totally know what she means now. I have to stay away from him for my sake.
"I'm leaving guys you can come with Tyler later on. Howard can I go with you??"
"Yes sure."
Tyler stares at me with a confused look.

*************************************************

Hi guys! How's your quarantine going? I hope Tyler and Avery are helping you pass your time xx