11. Love A, The Phone

I took Marina's advice and kept out of touch with Tyler. Actually he makes stuff easier for me as he never talks to me when we are out of sight. No chats, no talks and I managed to stay out of his sight the time he used to come home to tutor Aly. Aly even got scolded by me every time he tried to tease me with Tyler. School's opening from today and I hope I'll get busy with work so this small infatuation on Tyler would fade shortly.
As I leave for work my mom asks, "Avery this is the last time I'm asking you, will you accompany us for your cousin's wedding in downtown? I'll get the tickets otherwise never mind"
"No mom I already said I'm not interested to go."
I say and leave for school.
_______

"Hi guys long time no see" I say as I walk into the room. Everyone's chilling on the couch and responds while Tyler was using his phone sitting on the chair doesn't respond. This is a very likely behavior of his. Anyway, it's my habit to take a short nap every morning on the couch. But it's all occupied and I get to sit on the single couch. I am tall girl with long legs that are not letting me be comfortable. I groan. Tyler drags his chair towards the couch and say,"You can rest your feet on my legs," and continues using his phone.

He noticed. There goes my oath to stay away from him,but comfort first, if I don't get to take a nap now I won't be able to work all day and rather be cranky. I lift my feet and rest on his thigh and close my eyes. It's a good sign that he's maturing. The guy who always put his comfort first is now thinking about others. "Aww you two" says Mia. I shrug at her and concentrate on the nap.Even before realizing, I dozed off.

_______

I wake up to see Tyler is gone, but he put my feet on the chair before he left, so sweet and Mia is sleeping, Arya and Marina is drinking tea whist Howard and Isaac are playing games on the computer. Tyler walks in frowning.

"Now what's wrong with you." Marina says.

"Dude, my phone...." He says and shows is phone. Huhhhh? It's all shattered. The front screen and back,everything. The latest generation of iphone that he bought with his own pocket money.. yes, he earned it all.

"How the hell did you do that? It's only been a few weeks you got that!"  I whine.

"I don't know I tripped over in the staircase and it just fell to the ground floor."

"FROM THE SECOND FLOOR?!" Arya says with her eyes wide open.

"Yes.." He frowns, "and I can't even repair this here, I need to find someone to go to downtown and repair it. I even talked to the shop keepers just need to find someone who's going there this weekend." Oh m heart, I've never seen him be this miserable.

"I'm going to attend my cousin's wedding, I can do it for you." What did I just say? Mom's going to kill me if I ask her for the tickets. Why am I doing this for him? I'm just being a good friend that's it. I'm just helping him out.

"Thank you so much love, I'll get the phone and money tonight at your home. Thank you." He says. I smile at him. Maybe you could give a hug? Stop it Avery stop being clingy.

_____________________

"Guys let's prank on Mia. Let's put Tyler's broken skin protector on top of her screen and wait for her reaction." Howard says. He is the master of evil ideas. Mia is a very innocent girl and this is the right way to prank her. He is the devil

Mia wakes up from her nap to check her phone. 

"OH MY GOD WHO DID THIS TO MY PHONE"

"We don't know"

"Arya dropped while going out as she bumped with your charger."

"My phone...I'm sure Tyler did this."

"Why would I do that?? Avery said they woke up from their nap because it made a loud noise, how didn't you even hear it. The vibration made it fall."

There goes two different stories, yet she couldn't figure out and is whining.

"Even Tyler's phone fell from the window and broke..."

"That's why you broke my phone??"

"Why me again? I wasn't even here when this happened.."

All of us burst into laughter. We can't handle this no more...

"Arya just say sorry to her."

Arya laughing, "Mia.."

"Get lost why are you even laughing? I'm calling my sister." 

"No don't it's the broken screen from Tyler's phone..You're fine!"

She looks at us confused..

"Oh my phone.." she hugs it.

Phone is surely an integral part of life and I'll fix that for Tyler.

Tyler spent the entire day feeling low, he did no work and instead lied down and slept. I can't blame him. After all it's the phone he bought with his own money..

"Okay guys my birthday is this Monday and you'll must be there for the party." I say.

"Sure." everyone says.

"You too must be there." I tell Tyler by looking at a different direction.

"You speaking to me? Are you shy with me? How can I understand you're talking to me?" Tyler says. 

The girls laugh. Okay you understood that so stop with your drama.

"I'll not return your phone"

"Sorry love" 

________________________

I come home and say mom about my change in decision. She spent the next couple minutes scolding me but I knew this would happen and this is my fault, but it's all worth it. It's for Tyler.

It's bed time and I am about to sleep after packing for the wedding and someone knocks at the balcony door.

"Tyler you should stop freaking my out this way. There's a front door you could use?"

"Here" he hands me his phone and an envelope with money inside it.

I take it and place it inside my bag.

"Just be careful with it.. I don't want anymore scratches..." Aw such a baby.

I wrap his phone with a small towel and put it in my bag.

"Thank you" he says by hugging me. You could do that while everyone was there.