17. Love A, Senior Conferece Part iv

The students have trekked to hill where disco is taking place. Disco under the open sky is a first for everyone here. It's windy, lights are good and good music, it's going to go well I hope.
I had brought glow sticks which we all have put around our necks, you know just to be cool and be superior, but most importantly to locate ourselves in the dark. We do not want to lose each other while keeping an eye on the students in this vast camp.
The junior boys love Tyler and they carried him to the dance floor where they are dancing with full energy. He comes back soon and notices our glow sticks that are hanging on our neck.
"Hey where's mine?!"
"It's right here darling, only if you made time to come here" I reply.
"Then tie it around my wrist" he says and smiles.
I take 2 sticks out of the packet, break them and tie it around his wrist but it's not easy for me- I got a packet of glow sticks and 3 walkie talkies hanging by my wrist. Apparently everyday they fight over the possession of walkie talkie but today they are too afraid to lose it so yeah, I'm their career!
"Thank you love" Tyler says after I tie the sticks and blends into the crowd. Maybe you could stay with me for a while? Shut up Avery! Ava. Ava.

After a while, Marina, Mia and Ava- I'll just address them to as the girls as should've understood by now, they are always together- drag me into the crowd

"Oh c'mon forget you're the chair and have fun for a while! Enough of spectating, disco's almost over!" Marina screams at my ear as it's too loud in here.
"Okay guys it's the last song since we were behind our schedule and running late for our dinner, and I would like to request the DJ to play 'Memories' which is our alumni jam" Tyler announces.
Memories play in the background while Tyler tries to gather all of us in a circle for the last dance. As the song plays, I realize that this might be the last time I'm ever going to listen to this with these people and I can't even explain how much my heart hurts rn. I mean they've been the reason to my happiness, I could beat depression by being with them and now it's almost the end? I walk out of the circle and stand by the cliff while I burst into tears by looking at them dancing. Aly's bestie notices and brings him towards me and gets the girls. Aly is hugging me while the girls come and join. Mia starts crying while seeing me cry.
"Oh c'mon girl it's not even over yet and you're making everyone emotional" Marina says and hugs. Tyler comes from behind.
"Tyler what did you do to her? Go hug her and she'll be fine." Arya jokes and everyone agrees and murmurs "yes go to her."
I look at him. He is avoiding an eye contact and resists as everyone pushes him towards me.
"Okay group hug!" Marina shouts. She is way closer to him and she probably understood that he wasn't very comfortable with the situation going on.

——
My mood wasn't really fine after this short breakdown. Students start trekking down to the base which Tyler and I am leading. I don't know why did he ask me to join him first whereas we did not say a single word on our way back. I go and sit on the huge swing in the dark while all the students walk to the dining hall. The glow sticks are glowing from various points on the hill and it looks really nice that I smile at this view. I'm sitting on this swing alone, trying to gulp the fact that it's almost over. Everything's almost to the near end.
Not having much time to grief, I walk to the dining hall and making sure they are all disciplined while eating. And yet again, the entire core team and teachers sat with them leaving no food for us! I'm not in a good mood today, thus ignored every stuff that's bothering me and managed to stay out of conversation with everyone. Standing on a corner with crossed arms, I lean on the pole and watch them eat.
"Avery I've done sth wrong" Tyler says.
"What happened?"
"I said sth to the teachers which I shouldn't have. I couldn't control, they are eating with the students- I mean they should consider about us! We have been
working way harder than them and we are the ones who have to wait for over an hour for dinner but I'm really guilty, shouldn't have said that"
"It's okay Tyler. Don't stress about it. We are almost done with everything and they had to hear it from someone anyway and you did it!" I say. He lets out a deep breath.
"They are done with their dinner Tyler, let's escort them to their tents and will meet here?" I say and he nods.
———-
Well it's been an hour since we've tried to get the delegates to their tents but you know, they're never going to listen to what you're saying. I had to leave the female base and walk to the dining hall as Zayn was calling me and hence, I was still on wearing my crop top whilst the others cane well dressed in their hoodies and I honestly had no energy to walk back to the camp and get my stuff and instead decided to freeze!
While waiting for dinner and having dinner, I did not engage into any conversation and kept quiet as I could actually not digest the fact that tomorrow will be our last day together. My heart is shrinking and I can't afford to break in front of them.
After dinner, I forced everyone to walk to the glow in dark badminton court to take the most amazing and reminiscing photo of all of us together. It is so pretty- I can't explain and everyone seems to love it! Well they weren't even willing to click the photo but yeah they can thank me later.
It's so windy and I am literally shivering. I can't really ask anyone to share their hoodies, instead I take Tyler's beanie.
"Save my life hun"
"By killing myself?" He replies. The girls smile. "Aww"
Shut up guys, you're all so lame!
"Guys let's just sit on the pool island, you know the it's such an amazing weather and we can chat, it's our last night together" I say. Still cannot explain how much it hurt while I was saying this.
I walk to Thomas to inform him that we need the cake in about 20 mins as it's Isaac's birthday tomorrow and join the rest of them. They were all sitting in a circle and I sat beside Tyler, honestly that's where they kept space for me yet they teased. Tyler put his arms around me and stayed that way. Good weather, good memories, what else do I need except for the haunting fact that he got a girlfriend and I'm being an asshole?
The camp scouts bring the cake ruining the entire surprise because it's 15 mins early! Isaac had no idea about this happening I mean we are an hour away from town and I had to work hard to manage it this evening but the smile on his face <3 He is always a sweetheart, bubbly and most importantly grateful, he expected the least about this and is really happy which made us happy.
"Thank you guys, how did you even do it? I love you all so much"
Sadly, we did not have candles with us and had to work it out with our glow sticks and it looked cool? Definitely something no one had tried it before, I'm sure!

 "Thank you guys, how did you even do it? I love you all so much"Sadly, we did not have candles with us and had to work it out with our glow sticks and it looked cool? Definitely something no one had tried it before, I'm sure!

Isaac cut the cake and we enjoyed eating it with some music, laughter, beautiful weather. This is what I missed my entire high school life. Non toxic friends. Friends who would be with you during hardest times, light hearted and love you for the way you are and enjoy every bit together, make everything memorable. Life had taken the weirdest turn of events in my case and today I don't regret anymore. Who knew my relation with Tyler Sings would improve? That I would become friends with Isaac and Howard and people would envy our new friendship? I just want time to stop right here, where Tyler is by my side and we are laughing at each other and enjoying life in this amazing moment.
———
To be continued xx