007: Failed

Eugene divided his time.

In the morning, he'll study magic and in the afternoon, he'll practice his swordsmanship. Though there is only a little progress with magic, he's confident enough when it comes to swordsmanship as he finally grasps his former stance...especially the flow of his mana through his sword.

During this time, Vincent finally realizes that there's really something wrong.

His young master, despite ending his prohibition keeps himself locked inside the room. He's not even allowed to come inside without permission so there's nothing to report to the marquis.

Now, the marquis raises a suspicion that his son is probably planning something.

And the marchioness who had enough of her son's lawless attitude decided to visit her son to give him a lesson. Who told him to hurt his own blood-related brother and go far as almost killing him through illness? The marchioness who loved her third son dearly is angry, at the same time feels exhausted when it comes to dealing with her second son.

And because of that, she would anxiously hurt Eugene physically.

"Just why?! Why are you not listening to your mother?!"

So this time, Eugene who had no idea and is only practicing magic was surprised when his mother suddenly barge in with Vincent who looked worried.

"You--"

"M-Mother?"

Eugene nervously stood and tried to hide the books on his table.

The marchioness who is ready to shout turns silent when she saw her son reading books.

"What are you doing?" turning a blind eye, the marchioness softened expression disappear and became stern. She still hasn't forgotten her second son's mistake and as a mother, she wouldn't tolerate such a thing so there is still a need for a scolding.

"No. Nothing."

Eugene lowered his eyes, not wanting to look at his mother.

"I was too busy taking care of your brother so I couldn't manage to visit you but now that Eullian is stabilized I'm here to talk to you about that incident."

"Yes, I'm sorry."

Seeing her son's careless look, the marchioness turn red and couldn't help but get angry.

She rushes towards Eugene and slaps him.

"Just that?! Are you really sorry?! What's with that look?! Are you thinking of me as annoying?!"

"Madam!"

Vincent immediately held the marchioness's hand, preventing her from slapping Eugene repeatedly. This is why he couldn't leave when the marchioness visit his young master. She might be looking calm and good but just like a woman with mental illness, her changes of mood are quick and her action would sometimes be quite severe.

Nothing is good.

So Eugene, who is used to the beating of his mother just keeps his mouth shut and refuses to meet her mother's eyes because he's sure that he would just be hurt again.

Because unlike his little brother Eullian.

His mother...would never look at him with love.

"Look at this child!"

Pointing at her son, the marchioness continues, "He always refuses to listen and probably didn't even see me as his mother!"

Eugene who is listening bit his lips.