095: Each Agenda

"Young Lord, some refreshments were requested by the Madam to be delivered. She expresses regret for being unable to personally welcome the young master and his highness due to her ongoing illness. She hopes that her actions have not caused offense to the young master and that he feels at home in the dukedom."

Casimin casts a fleeting look at his younger brother before clearing his throat.

"Kindly convey to Mother that she needn't be overly concerned."

Eugene glances in the direction of the butler and places his teacup down, remarking, "Please extend my gratitude to the duchess. I send my well wishes for her swift recovery."

"Assuredly, I shall ensure that the madam receives your message."

Casimin lets out a sigh, "Mother's condition has deteriorated, especially since Father's imprisonment. It pains me that she continues to care for a man who shows her disrespect. It's infuriating to witness her disregard her own health for someone unworthy of her affection."

Eugene acknowledges with a thoughtful sound.

This is precisely why he cannot remain here. 

He cannot bear to see the duchess endure further suffering.

Just the thought of the fact that the duke changes the color of his eyes similar to the duchess out of guilt of sending away the eldest son to the Catharis invokes a sense of revulsion within him.

How can a father of such nature even exist?

Kaizer grasped Eugene's hand in an effort to soothe his beloved's momentary ire.

"Duchess Krishna must now exhibit self-assurance in the absence of the duke. Exhibiting such vulnerability will only make her susceptible to scrutiny and mockery from others."

 ―Vena Church

"Your eminence, I implore you to take action concerning the Cathalia family!"

Yitiach's countenance grew somber as he gazed dismally at Bishop Veroncio, who humbly inclined his head with a tremor in his demeanor, seemingly beseeching for clemency.

"Bishop Veroncio, you are well aware of the significance of a saintly figure in this empire."

Bishop Veroncio clenched his teeth.

"But your eminence, Saint Eullian's actions are truly peculiar. How could Saintess Rebecca have succumbed to unconsciousness merely from a fall down the stairs? Even holy magic has failed to rouse her!"

Yitiach furrowed his brow.

"Rebecca shall no longer bear the title of saintess following Eullian's canonization. Regardless of the Cathalia family's pressure on the church, we cannot oppose the divine will. We must ensure that Eullian will be able to deliver testament to people."

"But your eminence---"

Yitiach wave his hand and said, "Bishop Veroncio, are you aware of the crime of accusing a saint who is a national figure of the empire?"

Bishop Veroncio paused and gritted his teeth, "Yes, I apologize."

"Good. If you know you should be careful with your mouth."

Yitiach observed Bishop Veroncio's departure, and a faint smile tugged at the corner of his lips. Intriguing developments were indeed unfolding within the Church's sphere. It had been quite some time since he had experienced such a rush of fascination, and he couldn't resist the urge to maintain his connection with Eullian, eager to witness more of the unfolding drama.