Chapter 6: There Were Two

Start from the beginning

Shino was sitting on the other side of Y/n with his eyes closed listening to the buzz of his flies swarming around his ears blocking the sound of the villagers.

The three young members of team eight were more than annoyed when hearing the sound of the villagers. The oldest member their sensei, was staring at the forest awaiting something. Kaissue's mother quickly ran up to Kurenai with a plate of food.

Kaissue mother: Excuse me mam?

Kurenai: What is it?

Kaissue: Can you please find my son and give this to him, it's a bowl of food.

Kurenai: I'm busy right now but I can get two people who can help, Y/n! Hinata!

The two rush over to their Sensei, while Shino turned and watched them go.

Hinata: What is it Kurenai Sensei?

Kurenai: Can you two do this lady a quick favour?

Y/n: Wait your Kaissue's mother right?

Kaissue's mother: Yes.

Kurenai: Y/n-

Y/n: What do you need?

Kurenai looked at Y/n shocked.

Kaissue's mother: Can you please give my son his food, when you find him?

Y/n: Sure we can do that!

The two departure from the mother, Hinata activates her Byakugan so she could find the boy with ease.

Y/n: Do you see him?

Hinata: No, not yet.

Y/n: Where the hell did this kid even run off to-

Hinata: Found him! Wait... How old is Kaissue?

Y/n: I think he's like six or five.

Hinata: Weird, because when I look at him h- he's running!

Y/n: What why?

Hinata: I don't know?!

Y/n: Follow him!

Hinata nodded and rushed forward while Y/n followed behind. After running forward for about two minutes Hinata took a swift turn and so did Y/n.

Hinata started taking many turns in a sense following Kaissue's footsteps. The boy kept on turning as if he knew he was being followed and knew that they would have caught up with him if he had kept on going straight.

While running the two almost bumped into a tree but Hinata who was in front quickly stopped, stopping Y/n as well. The two moved around the tree and followed Kaissue again, this time he was getting faster.

For a moment Kaissue stopped and paused, coursing both Y/n and Hinata to stop. Y/n looked at Hinata confused.

Y/n: Why are we stopping?

Hinata: He stopped.

Y/n: That's a good thing right?

Hinata: Mayb- wait!

Hinata looked behind her.

Hinata: His behind us now, how?

Y/n: I'm done with this kid!

Two Y/n's appeared.

Y/n's: Lead the way Lady Hinata.

Y/n and Hinata started running straight toward Kaissue, while the two clones went their own way.

Kaissue was once again moving further away from the two, luckily the two clones Y/n had summoned had found short cuts and caught up with the boy. When they did the chakra signature of the two clones instantly disappeared.

Hinata was about to say something when Y/n pulled her by the arm stopping her in the middle of her tracks.

Y/n: Wait! Look!

Hinata turned to where Y/n was pointing which was the river bank. Kaissue was sitting there staring at the water.

Y/n stormed towards Kaissue who was still staring at the water, when Y/n got near, he noticed Kaissue wasn't staring at the water, he was staring at a picture of a man in the water.

Hinata: H-

Y/n: No.

Y/n placed down the bowl and turned back to the forest.

Hinata: But-

Y/n: He'll notice it.

Hinata: Right.

Y/n: Y-

Y/n turned his head spotting five yellow flowers.

Hinata: Y/n?

Y/n: Go ahead. I'm right behind you.

Hinata walked forward as Y/n started picking up the flowers. When Y/n was just about ready to pick out the last one, he heard a sound. The sound was familiar, it wasn't someone screaming in pain it was something more familiar. A sound Y/n heard everyday when he was younger.

The sound of someone crying. Y/n taken a back by this stood up and walked a bit further. Kaissue the young rebellion was holding the same picture of the man that was in the water. Tears fell down Kaissue's face as he held the image closer to his chest.