Chapter 5 - Old Acquaintance

I stood up slowly, I heard and saw no one around, I called out to Stefan, when I got no response I called for Damon and Katherine.
I walked down the stairs to the living room, no one was around.
I heard clanking noises in the kitchen, I made my way to the kitchen, there was a women standing there, light brown skin, brown hair with a purple strip in it, she had black combat boots and wore leather clothing, I asked who they were and told them to turn around, It was Mazikeen.
Mazikeen is a demon that I knew when I was a child, Maze became my best friend when I was young, she is a very powerful Archdemon and Torturer of the bowels of hell. She is from the Lilm and is known for having many brothers and sisters, her mother is Millicent Leigh, a former lover of my brother Lucifer. Before Lucifer and I had taken over hell, Millicent was watching over all her children, the demons, she was taking care of things in the Shadow World.
Once I was fallen, Millicent knew I would want the throne next to my brother, but then Millicent wouldn't be the ruler of hell anymore, so I did what I had to do for my throne, I killed my best friends mother, and Mazikeen helped me do it.
Killing Millicent gave me power, I earned respect, the demons weren't upset with me for killing their mother because they knew I would be stronger, since I'm not blinded by love from a man who never truly loved me.
When I saw Mazikeen, I ran to her arms and hugged her. I hadn't seen her in so long, Maze had given me a bracelet she had made for me before I left the tomb. I asked Mazikeen why she couldn't give it to me when I was trapped in hell for all those years, Mazikeen had explained to me she wasn't in hell when I was because she had been walking on Earth. My brother had set her on a task to find Ophelia's artifact.

"Wait, Ophelias alive?" I asked Mazikeen with excitement

"Yes she is, but Lili you must listen to me, Ophelia cannot come out yet" Mazikeen said eagerly

"what do you mean, why not?" I asked, Mazikeen stayed quiet

"Mazi, why can't we let Ophelia out?" I repeated.

"Ophelia is in no condition to walk the earth, one of you can die" Mazikeen said

"How, our powers together make us strong"

"Ophelia doesn't have her magic" Mazikeen said angrily, "your father kept it before he banished her, so she's nothing but a soul stuck in an ancient artifact. Lilith, shes weak, we can't risk you two close to each other because she could absorb your magic"

I began to ask Mazikeen where Ophelia's artifact was, when Mazikeen didn't answer the lights in the Salvatore house started flickering again, that is when I realized I wasn't in the human world, I was on the other side speaking to Maze.
I screamed begging Mazikeen to hurry and tell me where my sister was.
Once the lights went out completely and came back on, I was back in my bedroom with Stefan sitting next to me, and Damon with Katherine by the door, I stood up and screamed.

"No! no please, I have to go back. I need to know, please!" I cried as I tried to reform the salt circle and lit the candles back up.

"Hey hey, what happened?" Stefan asked me as he pulled my chin closer to him

"I saw Mazikeen, she knows where my sister is" I whispered.

Stefan looked at Damon and Katherine asked, "Who's Maziqueen?", I corrected her and said "Mazikeen". I explained to them that Mazikeen is an old friend and she knows where Ophelia is and that Ophelia is weak.

"Stefan, I need to find her before something happens to her, she'll be safe with me" I said

"Ok, listen to me, we'll help you find your sister, I promise" he replied as he wiped the tears off my face and hugged me.