Chapter 9 - Problems follow everyone

After Kellina, Stefan, and Paige left the ball, Maze started to freak out because she didn't know where Paige went off to, Damon finally woke up from his "nap" and he was very mad that Elena went behind his back and Stefan helped her.
Kol and Rebekah decided to go against their mothers rule of behaving, they made a plan to attack Matt Donavon, who was Rebekah's date to the ball, but was also Caroline and Elena's ex.
Rebekah and Matt walked out to go find Matt's car, it was cold out so Matt decided to get his jacket from his car and give it to Rebekah, Rebekah felt pity for Matt, she felt romance, so she started to look around for her brother to try and stop him, but she couldn't find him.
Rebekah gave Matt the idea to go back inside and to get some drinks, so they did. Kol was very upset, so he decided to go on with his plan on his own. When Matt was on the balcony alone, Kol went out and tried to greet him, when they shook hands, Kol started to crush Matt's hand till it broke his bones, Damon comes behind Kol and says, "you think you should be doing that?".

"A little fun won't hurt" Kol laughs, as Matt walks away

"Hm, why don't you pick on someone your own strength?" Damon said as he ran to Kol to snap his neck, Kol was able to stop Damon by breaking his arm. Damon didn't give up, while Kol was talking about ripping Damon's heart out, Damon quickly snapped Kol's neck and threw his body off the balcony.

Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah, Finn, their mother, and even Elena came running to the balcony, Elena sees Damon and she asks, "Damon what is wrong with you!"

Before Damon's little tantrum, Elena had told him she could never love him, and that she would always love Stefan. Damon felt heart broken, he decided he didn't want anything to do with Elena anymore, he stormed off and saw Kol messing with Matt, then that led to the neck snapping.
Damon told Elena to get her own ride as he went out to his car to drive home, Elena asked Matt to take her home after they went to the hospital to fix his hand.
When Damon got home, he saw Kellina in the living room with a tank top and shorts, sitting on the couch reading a book of spells, he walked over to her, picked her up, and kissed her.
Kellina softly pushed Damon away and asked what happened, she could feel his heart beating fast and she could feel the anger coming off of him, Damon told her he just wanted to take his mind off of something as he tried to kiss her again.

Kelly then says, "No Damon, we can't", as she pushes him again.

"Why, because you choose Stefan too?" he said in anger, "yeah I get it, everyone chooses Stefan, he's the good brother".

"Damon, you're good too, I've seen it, you can be stuck up and hide behind a mask, but I know the person you are. You're not a monster, you just hide your emotions" Kelly says trying to comfort Damon, "don't let Elena know shes right for choosing Stefan, let her see what she's missing, I'm not going to have sex with you because I choose Stefan, I'm not going to do it because I know you love her, and you don't really want anything to do with me".

"Thanks Kelly" Damon said giving Kelly a kiss on the forehead

Kelly has a feeling Stefan was watching from the stairs, he overheard everything, he saw Kellina and Damon kiss, he heard that his brother was hurting because he got Elena. Stefan walked up to his room. Shortly after him, Kellina walked in, she saw Stefan sitting at his desk looking at Katherines picture from 1864.

"I always took the girls Damon loved" Stefan said as she walked in

"Do you mean to?" she asked

"No, but I knew he loved Katherine and I kept fighting him for her" Stefan replied in guilt

Kellina slowly walks towards Stefan, "you were compelled to love her, but a small part of you did".

"She used us, she pinned us against each other for her love, she was never something special to me"