54: Biting the Bait

The next morning when Elena went to work, she became suspicious to almost everyone. She's looking at her employees, male or female. She's assessing their every moves, the way they speak, the way they look at her, she's like monitoring everything about them. After knowing na may traitor sa loob ng El Santi, she feel very uncomfortable.

Tulala lang sya na nakaupo sa kanyang desk. She jump in shock when someone knocked on her door. Mabilis syang napatingin sa pinto. Her secretary is holding the doorknob, the door is slightly open at tanging ulo ng sekretarya ang nakadungaw.

"Miss El? There is someone who wishes to see you."

"W-who?"

"Ms. Abel po. Yun lang ang sinabi nya eh."

Elena doesn't want any visitor but since it's Ms. Abel, she'll forget her words. "Send her in, please."

"Yes, Miss." Then her secretary left.

Elena took a deep breath and she stands up to fix herself; her hair, sleeve and coat. Later after, the door swung open and as expected, it's her, Ms. Abel. Elena smiled purely, walang halong fake.

"Miss-- I mean... tita. Napadaan po kayo," Lumakad papalapit si Elena sa matanda and they shared a cheeks-to-cheeks kiss.

"What a wonderful office you have here." Abel responded with her eyes wandering around. Even the ceiling didn't get away from her curious eyes.

"It was actually inspired to your office in Beijing."

"No wonder why it feels so nice and comfortable."

They sat down in the couch. Elena was about to stand up para sana utusan ang secretary nya to get a drink but Abel hold her hand. "Oh no, don't bother. I won't be staying too long."

Elena sat back down on the couch.

"May ibibigay lang sana ako because I'll be flying back to China next day." Binuklat ni Abel ang dala nyang handbag and she pulled out a small box. She open it and put it in the table. It was a ring inside. Hindi naman mukhang wedding ring but it sure look old. Parang pinagpasa-pasahan na by different women in different generations. "This ring originally belonged to my great grandmother, passed down to generation to generation na babaeng member ng family."

Elena look at it. Mayroon itong maliliit na diamonds and it still fascinate Abel because the diamond remained in tack and it's still shining despite of its age.

"It'll look perfect for ate Joanne." El responded.

Slightly, Abel laughed. "This is not for her. She refused to accept it because she believe it's not meant for her. I gave it before sa late wife ni Adam, but the tragedy happened. Now, this is yours."

"H-ho? I'm not a member of... of your family, t-tita."

"You will be. Soon, Elena. So please, accept this ring."

Elena nodded her head. She wanted to refuse too but she know that Abel will insist it.

"I should be going, dear." Abel stands up and grabbed her handbag.

El walk her out. Papasok na si Abel ng elevator going down when she give Elena a piece of advice. "Business is always tough in the beginning but I believe that you'll get through this stage." They kissed goodbyes saka na nga sumakay si Abel ng lift.

Nagumpisa na ang plano ni Clark. A rumor have started spreading in El Santi. The core of the rumor is: "El Santi's ace that'll beat K.C and other clothing companies is somewhere inside Elena's office." The rumor was a trap to catch the traitor. Sana nga ay kumagat ang spy sa plano ni Clark.