Crystal Clear

Tony sat nervously on the cold steel bench, feet shuffling and his entire body shaking. The whole world seemed blurred, almost slow motion for the past seven months.

Steve and Natasha has gone on a mission, and didn't come back. It was only supposed to be two weeks, but they went missing a few days in., unable to be tracked for so long. Seven months of agonizing wonder. About a week ago they'd been found, but nobody could reveal if they were dead or alive, classified SHIELD information. When Tony heard that, he had screamed and broke down, attacking every agent in sight, Clint having to pull him from the room before he hurt somebody.

Clint knew how Tony felt. His best friend was gone. He couldn't imaging how the genius felt, his love missing and him being able to do nothing about. The mission was so top secret that even if they were dead, they'd have to make up some fake story rather then say what really happened. Which only hurt more.

Now the two were in the airport, anxiously waiting to see if they were alive. A dark jet came flying down, positioning itself for landing. Tony shook Clint aggressively, standing up.

The jet landed, and the doors opened, a few agents walking out. Clint ran forward, stopping beside the red haired figure who was limping, white bandage around her leg. He quickly put his arm around her shoulder and helped her away. Tony's eyes flew around the deck, scanning through the dozens of agents around the airport. His gaze landed on the tall blonde haired man getting off the jet, eyes already looking for Tony. Tony's vision seemed to become crystal clear, the constant blurriness and slow motion effect he'd been experiencing for seven months gone.

"Steve!" Tony yelled, and all the agents turned to look at him. Steve locked eyes with Tony, and the genius ran as fast as he could towards him.

"Steve!" Tony yelled again, sobbing as he got closer.

"Tony!" Steve yelled back, finally feeling the smaller man fall into his arms, gripping him tightly. Steve let out a surprised laugh, tears bubbling in his eyes.

"Oh my god, Steve, you're alive!" Tony sobbed, grabbing Steve's face and kissing him. The world seemed to stop for them both as they shared a kiss so long awaited it was almost funny. The agents around them started to clap, and Tony smiled, burying his face into Steve's broad shoulders.

"What the fuck happened?! Why were you gone so long?!" Tony yelled into the soldiers soaked shirt.

"Language." Steve chuckled, tousling Tony's hair.

"Natasha was injured badly, and we hid out for a bit in a cave, only to discover she had an infection, and we couldn't move, especially since we were in enemy territory and I couldn't fight them myself." Steve said, and Tony nodded.

"They didn't find us for so long, every-time I'd have to raid the enemy tent nearby for food, water and antibiotics, I sent a signal, but they never came for us." Steve finished.

"Is she okay now?" Tony said, and Steve's heart stopped.

"Um, we aren't sure." Steve whispered, and Tony shook his head softly, cuddling further into Steve.

"Sorry to interrupt lovebirds, but we have the rest of the team waiting. Wanda, Vision, Rhodey and Bruce are probably losing their minds, and Thor will fly himself here if we don't go." Natasha yelled from the other side of the airport, and Steve laughed.

"Come on doll, let's go home." Steve said, pulling Tony away from him but keeping their hands intertwined.

"Alright Stevie." Tony said, squeezing the soldiers large hand.