All I Wanted

This is a two parter, so warnings apply to the coming second part.

Warnings: abuse, minor alcohol abuse, gay slurs, war, mentions of Nazi's

So in this AU, Tony is alive during the 40's, and Steve hasn't been given the serum yet.

Remember, it's the 40's, so being gay is wrong. So I will use that aspect in this story.

Enjoy!

I walked down the stairs groggily, stumbling down the steps. It was 2:30 am, and I'd been up all night studying. I grabbed the water pitcher, pouring a glass of water, gulping it down and going to pour another.

Howard stumbled into the kitchen. He was drunk and angry, two things that end very badly when mixed together.

Scared, I quickly put the water pitcher back into the fridge, and started to head up the stairs.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going." Howard boomed.

I shuddered, turning around slowly.

"Hi, I was just getting water." I mumbled, staring down at the floor.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Howard threw the glass to the ground, and it shattered with a loud sound.

"Sorry sir." I said, staring him in the eyes. I could feel the fear take over my body as he stepped closer to me.

"Why the fuck are you still here?!" Howard yelled, droplets of spit hitting my face.

"Sorry." I mumbled again, trying to get out of the situation.

"You better fucking apologize! Get out of my sight! You disappoint me!" He yelled, bringing his hand up.

His large hand came down on my cheek, making a loud sound and leaving a hot, stinging feeling. I felt the tears bubble in my eyes as I cupped my cheek.

"Go!" Howard yelled, wanting me to go to my room.

I ran for the front door instead, frantically slipping on my shoes and jacket.

"You fucking disappointment!" Howard yelled, and his foot cane in contact with my back, knocking the wind out of me.

I yelped as I hit the floor, gasping for breath.

"Don't be a baby!" He yelled, and I stood up quick, ignoring the pain and running out the door.

I bolted down the street, tears spilling from my eyes. I had nowhere to go, but I couldn't go home. Not after another beating.

I turned the street corner, running straight into something. Or rather someone.

We both tumbled to the ground, and I groaned.

"I'm so sorry." A male voice said, and I saw a small hand reach down to help me.

Propping myself up on my elbows, I got a full glance of the boy. His eyes were a bright blue, almost sparkling in the dim light. His blond hair was a bit messy, but not too messy to look bad. He was small, only about 5 feet and a few inches, but he looked stunning.

You've gotta be shitting me.

I accepted the boys hand, groaning as I was yanked up.

"Are you ok?" The boy said, fixing my shirt.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I said, staring at him.

God his eyes are so beautiful.

The boy ran a hand over the mark on my cheek, leaving a trail of fireworks. I winced when he touched the mark, and he pulled his hand away immediately.