I Thought I Lost You

Surpriseeeee!

You get another to make up for my lack of posting all weekend, again, I'm really sorry, I was camping with my best friend skdjksjd

Anyways, enjoy!

I threw my shield with extremes force, hitting one of the enemies square in the face. Tony flew by, shooting beams out of his repulsors.

"I'm going deeper into the city!" Tony's voice was crackly through the com radio.

"It's too dangerous!" I heard Nat yell, in, grunting as something hit her.

"Danger is my middle name." Tony said, flying off into the city. The tall building near us began to shake as the enemies pounded into it.

"Guys! The buildings gong to collapse!" I yelled, just as it started to lean with one last strike from the enemy.

The building fell with a huge crash, burying the rest of the avengers in rubble and dust. All I could hear was the ringing in my ears and coughing and screaming from my fellow avengers.

I pushed a huge rock off of my chest, groaning as I used my shield to pull myself out.

"Tony?! Nat?! Bruce?! Thor?! Clint?!" I yelled. Nat responded with a groan, dragging an unconscious Clint with her. Bruce was climbing out of a small pile off to the right, while Thor was unharmed, looking past the pile of rubble.

"Tony?!" I yelled again, limping over the pile of stone and bricks.

"Tony?!" I called out, picking up speed, tearing down streets and avenues, my leg screaming.

"Tony?!" I was screaming now, aching for a response.

"Steve?" A small, raspy voice echoed from down an alleyway.

"Tony?" I turned into it, seeing him slumped against a wall, suit tattered and broken, little pieces of metal laid scattered around, and the sound of metal scraping pavement echoed throughout the alleyway as Tony shifted.

"Tony!" Steve sprinted to the genius, falling to his knees as he caught Tony in his failed attempt to get up.

"Hey Cap." Tony groaned, panting.

"Tony, what were you thinking?!" Steve practically shouted as he brushed Tony's hair out of his face, baby blue eyes scanning over the billionaires injuries.

"The city needed saving." Tony grunted, shifting to sit up more.

"A building almost fell on you!" Steve yelled, examining Tony's exposed wrist.

"Only the ceiling came off and hit me! It knocked me out of the air!" Tony was raising his voice now, getting up farther and farther with little grunts of pain.

"You could've been killed!" Steve shouted, causing Tony to collapse back to his knees, sighing in defeat.

"Why do you care Steve?! Why do you fucking care anyways?!" Tony yelled, tears bubbling in his eyes. Tony wasn't sure if it was because of the trauma, or the pain, or the realization Steve never cared, all the soldier wanted was the hero an money and technology part of Tony, not the part that was deeply in love with the captain he thought he could never dig himself out.

Steve saw the tears, and almost started crying himself. He was so in love with the billionaire, but Tony would never, Steve wanted to tell Tony so bad, but Tony would never love him back, Tony only wanted Steve's super strength and his team leadership, not the part that was absolutely crazy about the famous Iron Man.

"I-I um..." Steve stuttered.

"Why the fuck do you care Steve?! You don't! No one does!" Tony was screaming now, voice going hoarse.

"Because I love you Tony!" Steve burst out, unable to keep it in anymore. The super soldier hung his head in defeat, tears leaking from his eyes.

"I'm in love with you." Steve whispered, not meeting Tony's gaze.

Tony stared in shock at the super soldier.

He loved me too?!

"Steve...I-I don't know what to s-say." Tony was fumbling for words.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have said anything." Steve sighed, going to get up.

"No!" Tony yelled, grabbing Steve's arm. Steve turned in slight shock, and the smaller man pulled himself up, groaning. Steve caught him when Tony stumbled, falling into Steve's arms.

"I love you too." Tony said, breathlessly.

"Y-you do?" Steve asked in shock.

"Yeah, I do." Tony said, leaning into Steve's arms.

Steve pushes Tony away slightly, but only to give him enough room to slip his head down, brushing his lips against Tony's soft pink ones. Tony kissed back, clinging to the captain for support. When they pulled away, Steve held Tony close, dogging his fingers into Tony's crumbling suit.

"I thought I lost you." Steve whispered, his hot breath tickling Tony's ear.

"I'm sorry." Tony muttered, and Steve held him tight.

"Promise not to get killed next mission?" Steve said, and Tony chuckled.

"I'll try." Tony said, earning a squeeze and a laugh from Steve.