All I Wanted (part two)

Also in this AU, Steve doesn't go into the ice.

Also, wow, almost 300 reads?! Thank you sooo much Ily all 3000

wren xo

It's been 6 months, and Steve hasn't come home. He had managed to save 650 men from the Nazi's, and now he was still in battle.

Tony didn't know when he would come home. Tony was all alone. Howard has gone out to the battle to help with the technology aspect, and Tony's mother just upped and left, on another one of her"vacations."

Tony was left alone, wishing he had told Steve about his feelings, despite the risks. Steve could yell at him, scream about how it was wrong, possibly beat him up. Tony knew how dangerous feelings like these were.

Why is it wrong? Why must the world be so cruel?

Tony trudged downstairs, he had been in his room for days now, hiding from the world, the harsh reality.

There was a soft knock at the door. Tony walked over, turning the handle hesitantly.

"Stark residence." Tony said, before he had opened the door fully.

"Tony?" A very familiar voice asked.

Tony there the door open, staring in shock at the man in front of him.

"Steve?!" Tony yelled, smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey Tony!" Steve said, stepping in and closing the door behind him.

Tony threw his arms around the super soldier, pulling him into a hug.

"How was it? The war..." Tony asked when he pulled away, grabbing two glasses of water and sitting down on the couch.

"I was very useful, it was kinda scary, but I helped, I served our country, so I'm happy." Steve replied, sipping from his glass.

The two men talked for a while, catching up after not being able to talk for six months.

They fell silent after a while, running out of things to say, scared to say what was really on their mind.

"Hey...Steve?" Tony began nervously.

"Mhm?" Steve replied.

"I know, um, you're going to hate me, but, um, I can't keep this from you. I know how wrong this is, and you can hate me, hit me, leave and never talk to me again, because it's wrong, but, I love you Steve. I'm in love with you, and I can't help it. I'm sorry." Tony sobbed into his hands.

Steve was stunned, speechless.

"I knew it, I'm so so sorry." Tony mumbled, going to get up.

"No!" Steve sprung up, grabbing Tony's arm and spinning him around, smashing his lips into Tony's.

Toy was taken aback at first, but then he kissed back. It didn't feel bad, or wrong anymore. They didn't feel dirty, or guilty about it. It felt natural.

Steve pulled away, cupping Tony's face.

"I love you too." Steve whispered, leaning in again.

They kissed once more, lips colliding, moving together.

"What the fuck?!" A voice boomed from the entrance.

Howard.

The two men pulled away immediately, and Tony sunk into Steve in fear.

Tony knew what was coming. The only thing worse about this, Howard was sober. Howard knew what was happening. Howard would remember this. Howard is choosing to do this.

Tony shuddered in fear as Howard stepped closer, grabbing his sons arm, yanking him away from the super soldier.

"You fucking disgust me! You fucking faggot!" Howard yelled, slapping Tony across the face.

"No!" Steve yelled, trying to interject, but failing.

"You're such a fucking disappointment! I didn't raise you to be a fucking fag!" Howard kicked the back of Tony's legs, and the smaller man went crashing to his knees, body racked with sobs.

"I should've left you on a street corner when you were born! You're a mistake! A complete and utter failure!" Howard screamed, bringing his boot in contact with Tony's chin.

Tony cried out in pain, clutching his face and sobbing.

Steve ran toward, taking Howard down in one swift push.

"And you! You're a perfect super soldier! You're not supposed to be some gay faggot! Get it! Both of you get out of my sight before I kill you!" Howard screamed.

Steve leapt up, grabbing Tony around the shoulder and bolting out the door.

"Steve." Tony whispered weakly.

"It's ok Tony, I got you." Steve panted, running down the street. They got to Steve's old house. It was boarded up, abandoned.

Steve kicked down the door, picking Tony up bridal style and laying him down on his bed.

"I'll let you get rest." Steve whispered, kissing Tony's temple.

"No, stay." Tony mumbled. Steve nodded and laid down next to Tony.

He got a good glance at Tony's injuries. His cheek was a fiery red, and his lip was split down the middle in a nasty gash. His chin swollen slightly and a faint blue colour, a black eye starting to surface.

Steve wanted to cry, Tony was hurting badly, inside and out.

Carefully, as to not injure him further, Steve pulled Tony into a hug, the smaller man snuggling farther in.

"All I wanted was a family. A real mother. A real father. One who didn't beat me everytime he got drunk. A mother who lived in our house for more then 30 days a year." Tony sobbed, taking Steve by surprise.

"I have nobody. Somebody is all I want." Tony cried, violently shaking.

"Shh, baby it's ok, you have me now, I got you." Steve whispered, holding Tony tighter.

"You do?" Tony sniffled.

"I do, I got you, I'll never let you go." Steve said confidently, stroking Tony's cheek.

"Thank you, for everything." Tony said, drowsy.

"Always." Steve replied, tucking the blankets around both of them.