Colourblind (pt.1)

Alrighty so this is a POV trend going around tik tok, and I'm addicted to tik tok so gUeSs wHoS wRiTiNg iT.

somebody should take away my wifi i wear to god

Anyways, the idea is your world turns black and white when your soulmate dies, and you can only see full colour while they are alive and well.

This is my first chapter since my mental health collapse so like here we gooooo...

•1942•

Steve sat outside his military tent, breathing in the crisp fall air. It was autumn, where the cold began to settle in slowly and the nights got darker with every passing day. Lots of people said all the trees would go from green to beautiful shades of orange and yellow.

Steve couldn't see it.

Everyone is born with a soulmate. While your soulmate was alive your life is bursting with colour, the world filled with them. When your soulmate dies your world is black and white, permanently. Steve never got the chance to experience colour. It seems that he was born without a soulmate.

He had started to develop feelings for one of his friends, Peggy, who he knew could see colour, yet his vision did not shift one bit. He almost felt bad lying about it, but when he was in the plane, crashing it into the ice, he whispered a solemn goodbye to the love he never was able to meet, hoping to meet them in the afterlife.

The audio cut out, and static took over, and Peggy's world remained colourful.

•2012•

Tony sifted though his tools, grabbing the screwdriver and tightening one of the miniature screws on his suit. His suit was a bright red with gold accents, at least, that's what he thought. Tony could only see the colour red, which confused him and literally everybody else. Usually when a soulmate is dead, your world goes black and white, so what's the significance of this one colour?

Tony couldn't bother to research the answer, he thought if it was meant to be, it would sort itself out. His phone range on his desk.

"Hey Happy, what's up?" Tony answered, tucking the screwdriver back into the drawer.

"They found Captain America! Alive!" Happy was almost screaming for joy. Howard has made it his life long accomplishment to find his precious super soldier alive, but Tony left it to Happy and his team to work on that.

"Wow, that's incredible. How is he alive?" Tony asked

"We don't know, but his temperature is back up and he's expected to wake up anytime now!"

"That's awesome Happy, well, I'll leave you to that."

"Alrighty, bye."

"Bye." Tony put his phone in his pocket, and he walked upstairs, deciding on a movie to watch as a distraction.

About halfway through, Tony's head started to feel fuzzy. He rubbed his eyes, and a sudden rush of pain took over his head, like an extreme migraine.

"Holy shit." Tony groaned, closing his eyes and cradling his head. The pain stopped, and Tony slowly opened his eyes. They widened. The room was, vibrant, almost, colourful.

"Oh my..." Tony's mouth fell open, as he took in all the colours around him. His eyes flew everywhere, pupils flying from side to side. He laughed at the ugly green chair in the corner of the room, and got up to look in the mirror. His eyes were hazel, not another shade of grey. Tony laughed out loud, looking into his eyes and touching his palm to his heart.

"Oh my god, I have a soulmate." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve's eyes fluttered open. The room was bright, too much light flooding into his eyes at once. Voices chattered in his ear, as he tilted his head from side to side, trying to observe his surrounding. He rubbed his head, thinking about how he got from a plane crashing into certain death by ice to a beige coloured room. Something snapped in him, and he shot up, breathing starting to quicken.

"Cap? Steve Rogers?" A woman's voice called out.

"Colour, it's all colourful, there's colour, and I can see it." Steve mumbled.

"What?"

"I can see colour."