21. Collect

Cane POV

"Nima said to tell you you owe her again," said Kai. I rolled my eyes as I flipped through files in the cabinet.

"Tell her I said thanks," I replied.

"Do I... tell her to come in," he asked. I found the file I was looking for and shut the cabinet, flipping though the Manila folder.

"No," I said. "I'm busy."

"Well I'm coming in anyway," Nima chimed at the door. She had a bottle of Livio Fegulla Pinot Grigio in one hand and a glass in the other.

"I'll leave you two," Kai said with a knowing smile on his face. "Oh, and sir, Gabriel wants you to meet him sometime today to talk about something."

"Thank you, Kai," I mumbled, reading the notes.

"cosa stai leggendo," Nima asked once Kai had left, peeking over my shoulder to see. (T: what are you reading)

"Our friend at Interpol sent the last file they had. I'm just reading up on it." I pulled out a seat in front of the computer and typed in the important details.

Nima sat on the ledge of the table, opening the Grigio and pouring herself some.

"Like Kai said, you owe me again," she said flirtatiously while letting her eyes roam. "And I've come to collect."

"This is becoming an annoying habit," I groaned.

"Um yeah! I agree," she rolled her eyes.

"You're the only one who really gets it. I need your help so just do it."

"I do 'just do it'. But not for free, so pay up," she laughed.

She offered me the bottle.

"What the fuck do I look like drinking white whine," I said scrunching my nose. She shrugged and drank what she had in her glass and chugged some from the bottle.

She pushed the keyboard aside, interrupting my data entry.

"Nima," I warned. She pushed my arms out of the way as she scooted over on the desk to sit directly before me.

"You can finish that later! I have to go into town and get food for the chefs and that's a long drive. Either keep me company on the drive, or fuck me now."

I pushed her aside and picked up the keyboard, continuing my work without a second thought.

"Let me know when you're ready to leave," I said nonchalantly. She huffed and gave me a kiss on the cheek anyway.

"Fuck you," she mumbled, grabbing the wine. I stopped her with one hand, typing with the other.

"Leave the bottle," was all I said. I could practically hear her eyes roll as she set it down before leaving.

I peaked over my shoulder to see if I was alone in the room before I pulled the USB out of my pocket. It quickly transferred all the documents we'd procured from Interpol onto my personal USB.