9. Building Strong Men

Cane POV

"Where the hell are they" yelled Gabriel to his men. I covered one side of my ear and pushed him away with my foot. He shuffled over a little, but continued. "Did we get them or not?"

The doors of the room I'd been drug through four years ago were pulled open by the guards. Four men with three to four crates each walked in and set them down before Gabriel who was standing in an annoying position; his hands were clenched into fists and he had them place on his hips with feet spread apart.

Someone's been reading to many comics.

"That's all of them," he asked the men. They nodded and he told them to back up. "Crow me," he said.

One of his men threw the crowbar for him to catch.

It flew over my head and I caught it with my left hand.

I looked up from the book I was reading and stared at Gabriel who was protecting his head with one arm and the other was extended.

"Mario, you know damn well he won't catch this," I told the guard who'd chucked it. I extended the bar for Gabriel and continued reading my book. I could feel his stare on me and the weight of the crowbar in my hand disappeared.

"Di che stai ridendo," he asked someone. (T: What are you laughing at).

The boards of the first crate creaked and the lock in front flung off. The crow bar made a loud clang onto the floor as it was tossed aside.

"Aha! Perfetto," he exclaimed. My curiosity got the best of me and I looked up from my book, leaning forward to get a peek.

"What is it," I asked.

"Come see for yourself." I rolled my eyes and got up from my comfortable position. The crate held loads of ammunition. My eyes looked at the stacks of them and the small pile of powder that had formed near the base of the crate.

I smirked. "Your shits spilling," I told Gabriel. I pointed at the pile and his face turned a deep red.

"MARIO, come scoop this. Quick! Which one of you   idiota senza cervello dropped the crate?" (T: brainless idiots)

The guys looked at each other and shrugged.

"Should I get capo on the phone so you guys can tell him or is one of you going to speak up," he said in a low voice. (T: boss)

I had to hand it to the guy: as harmless as he was, he still managed to put some fear into these men.

"I did it," said Montero, his face pale at the thought of having to speak to the man upstairs—and I don't mean God.

"You're lucky I like you Montero. Where'd you drop it," Gabriel said while sifting through the ammo and making sure not all of the gun powder had spilled.

"At the pick up site, sir."

We both looked up at him.

"AT THE WHAT," yelled Gabriel. I could practically feel his heart thumping.

Montero gulped and the boys beside him stepped back. I put down my 'Building Good Men' book and tried to think of a way to stop Gabriel from losing it.