The Set Up

Brie’s P.O.V

(Two Weeks Later)

It was a mid Saturday day, Kimberly and I were sitting in the food court at the mall, slurping down some milkshakes. My eyes glanced around the crowded place. I was starting to wonder if a huge bus of people just decided to pour into here, for I’d never seen it so busy. Setting my Styrofoam cup on the table before me, I gave a sigh in contentment.

Life for the past two weeks had been kind okay ... I was back friends with Kimberly and we seemed to be hanging out now more than ever. It seems though, that after a few days of her staying at my house, my parents kindly told her that maybe it was wise she went home, because of the fact that her and I were evil when put together for so long. Innocent pranks were done around the house and my parents didn’t take kindly to them.

I smiled at the memory of my dad’s angry face when he saw all his work clothes were dyed purple.

“So ... Brie, I never asked you ... Did you really sleep with Mason?” Kimberly asked as she fiddled with the straw of her drink.

Looking over at her, I shook my head, “No, Mason ... Ummm ... let’s just keep it at no.”

“Kimberly, stop acting like you don’t know I’m gay and I didn’t really sleep with Brie,” someone suddenly said from beside me.

I glanced up and saw Mason standing there with a toothy grin. My green, metal chair made a skidding noise as I abruptly stood up. “Mason!” I gave him a big hug as he chuckled.

Releasing him, I planted myself back in my chair with a small smirk.

Mason took a seat and gave Kimberly a nod. “Hey,” he greeted.

Kimberly’s lips fluttered back and forth from a smile to a frown. It was almost as if she didn’t want him to be here, but acted as if his presence wasn't bothering her.“M-mason, what are you d-doing here?” She slightly hissed.

“Don’t worry, everything is in order,” he whispered for her only to hear, yet, I heard.

“What is in order?” I asked.

They both looked at me. Kimberly had an expression of nervousness, etched out on her face. Whereas, Mason had a goofy grin on his face.

“N-nothing!” Kimberly quickly replied.

I raised an eyebrow at her, knowing she was lying, “Mmmhm.”

Suddenly, Kimberly stood up, “Let’s go play some glow in the dark golf!”

Mason got out of his chair and nodded, “Sounds like a plan.”

Something inside of me started to feel like this was all planned. From Kimberly begging me to come to the mall, to her pleading for me to leave Hot Topic (a badass store), all while saying that we had to go to the food court. It just seemed too ironic that Mason showed up and so suddenly we are headed to play glow in the dark mini golf.

The whole walk across the mall, I was contemplating on what they could be up too. I knew it wasn’t a surprise birthday party, for my birthday wasn’t until June. To say I was stumped would be an understatement.

Walking to the glow in the dark golf place, located at the far end of the mall, Kimberly skipped over to the desk.

It was in the very moment that I noted she really has been getting over the whole Sheldon thing. My heart tugged at the fact that it really wasn’t because of me that she was getting over Sheldon so fast, but Elliot.

He has made himself known around her. He seems to almost be like a stalker in a way, following beside her in the halls and lunchroom, always talking and making her laugh. I don’t think Kimberly knows that I know ... but I have full knowledge that he stays at her house most nights.

Even though it slightly upset me that I cannot be a good enough friend to help her get over Sheldon, at least I knew well enough to stop trying to make her feel better, and allow Elliot to make her happy...

“Come on!” Kimberly stated with a smile as she gripped my arm and yanked me into the glow and dark golf room.

Surprise invaded my emotions for when we walked in; I expected it to be packed, due to all the people in the mall. But there wasn’t a single soul in the huge room.

Black lights shined and neon orange, green and yellow colors were splattered everywhere. My white shirt gave off a blue glow. Smiling, I realized it had been forever since I came here.

“Where are the golf clubs?” I turned to ask Kimberly, only to find she wasn’t beside me.

I spun around, and around looking for her, only to not see her, or Mason. “Kimberly?! Where are you?!’

Dubstep started to play from the speakers located in the corners of the room. I gave a confused expression, for I was wondering what the hell was going on. “Kimberly?!” I started to walk around the large room, wondering if she was hiding behind the neon, bright objects scattered throughout the room. “This isn’t funny!”

I heard the metal entrance door open. I glanced up to see ... Colby.

Not, yet, noticing me, Colby walked in, “Elliot?!” His deep voice called out. His eyes still searched the room as he yelled out for him friend once more. It wasn’t but a few seconds later that Colby laid eyes on me. He froze in his spot, and said no more, as the Dubstep music filled your ears.

Neither one of us talked, but like magnets attached to one another, we started walking towards one each other. We stopped walking when our tippy toes practically touch. Colby stared intently at me, and I did too.

My mouth felt die, as my brain begged for me to speak ... but I couldn’t. I kept remembering him in my bedroom, telling me that we were over.

His hand ran through his blond hair, ruffling it up some more. “...How have you been?” He randomly asked.

Giving a chuckle, I replied venomously, “Now you ask?”

Colby stepped back a little and shoved his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. He rocked back and forth between his heels and toes. “I-I was ... I was scared you were mad at me ... That is why I haven’t talked to you.”

“That is one hell of an excuse! Give me a minute while I write that one down in my book of ultimate excuses,” I sarcastically told him.

Colby gave me a slight glare, “I’m serious Brie! I was so afraid you hated me!”

“How can I hate you when I love you?!”

The room collapsed with silence and Colby’s eyes widened. “I ... I ...-”

“Colby, don’t force the words out of your mouth. Its okay, you don’t care for me like I do to you. And, I have come to get over-” my ranting was put on hold as Colby firmly gripped my chin and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

“I love you too.”

Resting my head on his forehead I gave a sigh, “You're leaving in a matter of weeks...” I muttered.

Colby moan, “I know ... let’s just make the most out of it ... okay?”

Kissing him once more, I agreed.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Edited By: Victoria @pcgeeksquadgirl and I say AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW