Mixed Signals

Disclaimer:

Something is about to happen in this chapter, and I am 100% postive that most of you will not like it ... but PLEASE keep reading after this story! I have a secret reason for everything, and please, no matter how much you hate what I have done, don't stop reading ... because if you do ... I will be sad ):

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Brie’s P.O.V

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to smack Colby, or go hideaway under a large rock at this very moment. I think it might have to do with the looks I was getting from both Kimberly and Mason. It was almost like disappointment was present on their faces. Something in the pit of my stomach gave me an uneasy feeling. 

“Uhhh...” My mouth was unsure of what words to form. But I knew that I couldn’t lie to them, especially not Kimberly.

“Ohhh, you haven’t told them,” Colby whispered in my ear. 

“No shit Sherlock,” I spat back at him as I slowly stood up, while trying not to slip on the baby oil. 

Both Mason and Kimberly were looking directly at me, waiting for me to say something. When Kim realized that I wasn’t sure what to say she released a loud sigh. “Well, this is a change of events,” she mumbled. Her brown eyes started to slowly gaze down at the cherry wood floor. 

For some reason I felt the need to look over at Mason. I found that his crystal blue eyes were intently staring at me. A feeling of sadness washed over me, and I could sense that dating Colby was really upsetting him for some reason. 

“I think I am going to be going home now,” Kim stated as she glanced back up at me. 

I started to violently shake my head, “No! Stay! We ... there are things we need to talk about!” I exclaimed. 

With a small smile Kimberly’s brown eyes flickered over to Colby, who was still lying on the floor. “Clearly, but another time. Mom is expecting me home in an hour ... keep the Chunky Monkey ice cream, it’s in your freezer,” was all Kimberly said before walking out my house. 

I then noted that this was an awkward situation, and I knew Kim hated awkward moments. But, she and I both knew that we would talk later. After all I knew she was dating someone, but not who, and she knows I am going out with Colby, but knowing her she will want more details.

“Colby, go get dressed,” I told him. 

His eyes landed on me, and his lips twitched up, showing a toothy grin, “I think I like it better with just my towel ... don’t you?”

I rolled my green eyes at him, “Clothes, or we will not go! And I mean it!” My voice was stern, and my threat wasn’t empty. 

By the way Colby quickly got up I knew he had full knowledge that I was serious. 

I heard his footsteps retreat behind me, towards his room. 

“What is Colby doing here?” Mason asked me after a few seconds of silence. 

“He lives here,” I stated with a little caution as to how Mason was going to react. I mean, I barely know the dude, and I am just not too sure about him

“And you are dating?” Mason quizzed with his blue eyes staring straight at me. 

My stomach started to turn and I got an uneasy feeling again. Something inside me said I should lie, but as I glanced over at Mason, I knew I should be honest. “Yeah, we’re dating.”

“...Thought you hated one another.”

I chuckled, “we love each other with a loathing passion.”

“Ahhh ... that totally makes sense...” sarcasm was leaking in his voice. 

I wanted to narrow my eyes at him, who was he to judge my relationship with anyone, let only with Colby. 

“Well, it doesn’t have to make sense to you. I am not dating you.” I spat. 

“Touché ... But to be honest … I wouldn’t date you.”

When he said that it felt like someone punched me in my stomach… “Why?”

He cleared his throat and in a nervous manner he rubbed the back on his neck. It wasn’t but seconds later Mason was standing in front of me. He placed his hands on both of my shoulders. “Don’t take it personal B … It’s nothing you can help.”

With that my eyes went wide … Mason … Is… gay?!

“W-what? No, no you can’t be! After all, today at school you basically asked me out!”

Mason chuckled, “All I said is that maybe after the meeting you and I could grab a bite to eat.”

“But you acted nervous!” I exclaimed.

Mason sighed, “Because, I‘d made up my mind, I was going to tell you after the meeting that I was … am …-”

“Gay? …Wow …”

Mason gripped my shoulders tighter before speaking, “I’m sorry if I was giving you mix signals. I try and make sure that I don’t flaunt who I really am around school. Admittedly some of my friends were starting to think I was gay … but ever since I have been hanging around you they haven’t questioned my sexuality … In fact … you know that video of you that played on the T.V’s around school two days ago?” I nodded. “Well, my friends think … they think I was one of the people that have had sex with you…”

“B-but I never had sex with you, because I’ve never had sex!” I hissed.

Mason was silent for what seemed like the longest time ever before speaking, “We don’t have to tell anyone that … right?”

“Don’t have to tell people what?” Colby asked from behind me.

Just then I stopped breathing … oh snap!

<><><><><><><><><>

I know you might be thinking "OMG, this story is becoming so cliche" in my defense, it has to be before I can add my own spin (twist) to the story ... and trust me, there will be a few...

<><><><><><><><><><>

Edited by: pcgeeksquadgirl (aka Victoria) --- Wow, I would have never guessed that!! Did anyone see that coming?!?!!?