Somethings Will Never Change

I was asleep when I felt sudden warmth leave my side. I moaned in annoyance, it seemed to me like someone had ripped the covers off my bed. With my eyes still closed and half asleep I reached around and pulled my blankets fully over me. Then I fell back into a soundless dream.

What felt like hours later, I felt the bed sink in and something move me. Once again I was engulfed in warmth. I snuggled closer to it and started dreaming again.

I knew it was morning when I heard the birds chirping outside the window. I really wanted to throw the pillow at the window. Hope to scare away the noise birds talking away.

Yet, I realized I was really comfy and warm. I was not waking up, until my mom called for me to get my lazy butt up.

But as soon as something beside me moved, my eyes popped open. I was faced with Colby’s calm and expressionless face. I noted that he was asleep as light snores come from his mouth and his eyes were shut closed. I wanted to chuckle, but then I thought of how it would wake him.

Slowly, I released his hand from my waist.

Man, he had a death grip on me. I thought to myself.

I didn’t really want him to wake up with me smashed to his body. Surely he will be embarrassed that he was holding me...all night.

Once I got out of his hold on me I sat up in the bed. My eyes scanned over to the nightstand that was beside Colby. I raised an eyebrow when I saw that there was a carton of eggs on the stand.

“What the hell?” I breathed. Colby stirred next to me before cracking open his eyes.

“Mornin.” He muttered in a voice that made me shiver.

Why did his morning voice make me shiver?

“Morning.” I said, my eyes flickered to the eggs in wonder. Colby sat up, not noticing my gaze on the carton.

I looked at him, and tried not to gawk as the covers slipped down his chest once he was in an upright position. I tried to tear my eyes away, but his sculpted abs lured me in. I was expecting him to be like ‘See something you like’, and after a few minutes of him not saying a word, curiosity got the best of me and I looked up at his face. I saw him staring down at my chest. I looked down to see that my shirt was pulled forward exposing my black laced bra. I quickly fixed my shirt and he glanced away.

I noticed the first thing he looked at when he looked away, was the eggs.

“What are the eggs for?” I quizzed. Colby faced me and smirked. As fast as a lightning bolt I knew what he was going to do. For what he said to me last night popped into my head:

‘Come morning, you can bet that your little prank war is back in full swing.’

I felt the bed move and I saw he was leaning over towards the eggs. I gasped before pushing him off the bed in his leaned over state. He fell off the bed and I heard him curse after a second. I looked down on the floor and saw he landed on his butt and back. His head lifted up from the floor.

“Really Brie?! That hurt like shit.” I smiled before standing up on the bed and hopping off.

“Well, I wasn’t about to let you ruin my morning hair with those eggs.” I joked knowing my hair was a rat’s nest and it wouldn’t make a damn difference if he soaked it in eggs.

He grinned and shook his head. I treaded over to the nightstand and picked up the eggs. His eyes widen and he quickly stood up from the floor.

“Brie put down the eggs.” I drew one of my eyebrows up.

“Something tells me if the situation was flipped around you would not put down the eggs if I asked you too. As a matter of fact, I think you might do something like this.” I opened the carton, but before I could pick up one egg, Colby grabbed the carton.

I was expecting him to do this, so my grip was tight. Too tight because when he pulled on the carton, he thought he would be able to pull it away easily. So it backfired and he came slamming into me. Crashing the eggs between us.

I felt the cool egg fluid soak into my shirt. Colby narrowed his eyes at me. I knew he would blame this on me.

“Bad Colby.” I said before he could even mutter an excusing word at me.

“No, this was-”

“Colby did you get into the-” A voice said from the doorway before cutting off. Our heads twisted to see my mom. She looked at us. I watched her exam Colby and I.

It then hit me what this looks like with Colby and I not even inches apart. I quickly backed away and blushed. The egg carton fell from between us.

My mom smiled and then shook her head. “Kids.” She spoke. “Anyways, I was just wondering what happened to my eggs. I see now where they went. But I advise you two to clean up this mess, and then get dressed, because I need the two of you to go to the store for me.” My mom stated. I rolled my eyes.

“Can’t Colby just go?” I asked.

“No, he doesn’t know the brands of products we like.”

“I will just go then.” I admitted, trying to not go with Colby.

“You can’t drive. You have no license. Stop complaining and go.” My mom said. “Oh, and don’t worry about the time frame, your dad and I talked and you all can play hooky from school today.” My mom smiled. “Chop, chop, I need some eggs for the dessert I’m making tonight!” With that Mom rushed out of the room.

Maybe, just maybe I can live through grocery shopping with Colby. But as for him, he might not make it back in one piece. I thought before rushing out of his room.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Edited by Victoria