Fights and Walls

Brie’s P.O.V

Kimberly looked like she was a small child that had just been stealing. Her front teeth were gnawing at her bottom lip. A couple of minutes went by before Kim mumbled an answer “Yeah, I am dating Sheldon.”

My green eye bore into her with slight anger, “Why didn’t you tell me?” I questioned as my fire for her subsided and hurt / pain exploded inside me. It felt like I had been betrayed and lied too. My own friend held something vital in, not even bothering to tell me a key thing going on in her life.

“I-I ... I thought you would explode and get mad,” Kimberly muttered in a soft tone of voice. Her head lowered in shame of her actions, or lack thereof.  

“Kimberly, I am mad. There is no hiding that, but, believe it or not the reason I am in outrage is because you hid this from me. I am your friend! The one you spill everything too!-”

Raising her head, I saw fiery anger swirling in her brown eyes. “You are such a hypocrite! You stand there and say I should be honest to you, when you are hardly ever honest to me!” Kim stated.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, “What are you talking about?”

“You’ve told me since the day you met me that you hate Colby Jackson! Hate him with a passion! Yet, suddenly out of the blue, you’re dating him! Never once did you tell me you liked him!-”

“You situation is different from mine-”

“No, it’s not! I never told you that I was dating Sheldon, and you never told me that you had feelings for Colby.”

My lips pressed together in anger. I was so pissed off that Kimberly was actually pointing the guilty finger at me. It isn’t right! “I didn’t know I liked him!  When he came to live at my house for some reason things changed. Feelings changed! But you! You have been dating Sheldon for six months! Never once did you tell me. You know if you’d told me I would have stopped making fun of the nerd.”

Kimberly balled up her fist, “He is NOT a nerd or a geek, he’s actually a really laid back ‘who gives a fly’ kind of guy-”

“I am sure you know so much about him,” I sarcastically replied.

“I do,” Kim added, “and you don’t.” With that said Kimberly walked over to me in the door frame and roughly pushed past me. I figured right then that I’d overstayed my invitation, so I walked outside, closing the door behind me.

I hadn’t even reached the middle of her drive away when I heard the front door open. Turning around I saw a weeping Kimberly at the doorway. Her fist were still balled up as she spoke, “And another thing! You know damn well that if I told you about Sheldon from the get go you’d still judge him for who he pretends to be!” After Kimberly said that she went inside her house and slammed the front door shut.

I cringed when I heard the loud, thunderous sound of the door closing. Tears rivered down my face as I realized that Kimberly and I were at odds. My stomach started to flip and I clasped in spot as I started to sob more and more.

It seemed like a lifetime had passed before a warm hand touched my back and cradled me. A familiar, musky scent filled my nose. With watery, clouded, eyes I looked up.

Colby was staring down at me with melancholy expression. “Why did you run out of the house?” Colby asked me. “And come here? ... or more importantly, why are you crying, Brie.”

I sniffed and nuzzled my head in his chest in hopes he would drop it.

I felt Colby’s chest rise and subside as he sighed. With a quick movement Colby stood up, leaving half of my body feeling suddenly cold. I looked up at his standing figure in confusion.

Colby shook his head at me, as if he didn’t approve of my current state. In a sweeping movement Colby picked me up bridal style. “What I am I going to do with you Brie?” He quizzed.

I didn’t reply as he carried me to his car and placed me in the passenger’s seat.

Once he was in, Colby started the car, “I’ll get Elliot to pick up your car.”

I nodded and fastened my seat belt.

“Are you going to tell me why you ran out of my room and came here?” Colby questioned once more.

I turned to face him. His blue eyes stared straight into mine. It was at that moment I felt like he could see past the wall I was starting to build. I tore my eyes away from his heavy gaze. The only noise heard between us was the engine. I slowly started to shake my head, “No, I am not going to tell you why I left ... just drop it.”

Colby looked at me for a few more seconds before pulling out of Kimberly’s driveway.

It was then that my mind had a flashback of what I saw on Colby’s desk ... and it was also in that moment that I realized, due to my findings, I need to break it off with Colby ... because in the end, it would be for the best.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

I know you guys are seriously hating me because I'm not telling you what the sheet Brie found on the desk is but don't worry, you will find out ... in THIRTY more chapters ... I AM JOKING?! Chill, it was just a joke!

Ha-ha, anywhoo.

Next chapter you will find out what the sheet was...

Now, if you want you can vote? And maybe, just maybe you can ... you know ... comment?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Edited by: Victoria @pcgeeksquadgirl