Baby Oil Girlfriend

Brie's PO.V

Before heading to my room, I spotted my U.S History textbook on the kitchen counter. I figured that I must have left it there when I was reading the note mom and dad left me. Walking over I picked it up, but as I did I noticed something next to the history book … a tiny green bead. Immediately, I remembered that Colby had placed them all in my locker, and I never gave him payback.

An evil smile found my lips, and I sat the book back down on the counter. As fast as my legs would take me, I went outside to the side of the house. Finally, I found a grey box and opened it. My eyes scanned for what I was looking for, and soon I found it ... The on / off switch for the water heater. 

I tried not to chuckle as I switched the water heater off. With a little hop in my step, I went back to the kitchen and turned on the kitchen sink faucet. 

My ears were trying to pick up on the sound of Colby turning on the shower water, but I heard nothing. I figured he must be taking his sweet time, which means I can pull off one more prank. 

Walking into the hall, I opened a closet located on the far end. My eyes soon gazed upon a bottle of Baby Oil. A sinister smirk played on my lips as I grabbed it. Without even thinking I began to squirt the baby oil on the floor, just outside Colby’s door. 

Within seconds I heard the shower in the guest bathroom cut on. I hurriedly ran to my room, and made sure to close and lock the door behind me. 

I allowed a small chuckle to escape my mouth as images of what is about to happen to Colby passed through my mind. 

“What is with that look on your face? ... Or more importantly, what did you do?” Kimberly asked me. 

I bit my bottom lip, not answering, as I awaited the sound of Colby’s loud, angry voice to fill my ears. 

It was taking longer than I thought ... 

A single idea that maybe Colby wouldn’t fall for my prank popped into my head. 

My eyes flickered to the two people staring at me like I was an alien. 

“Well, I-”

Suddenly there was a loud thump and I heard someone moan in pain. 

Just then I realized that Colby had just slipped on the baby oil. 

“Brie!!!”

I started to laugh as I heard him groan and moan. I knew I shouldn’t be laughing, because it sounded like he actually hurt himself, but I couldn’t help it. Curiosity for the scene outside my door became too much to handle. I slowly opened my bedroom door and saw right across the hall from me was Colby, in a white towel, tucked around his torso. His eyes were looking in my direction as he lied on the floor just outside the guest bathroom door. 

“What’s wrong?” I asked, playing innocently. 

He narrowed his eyes at me before wincing in pain. I started to wonder if my prank had gone too far, if he was hurt. 

Slowly, but surely I walked over to him. My eyes were full of worry as I glanced down at Colby. “A-are you okay?” I questioned.

Colby looked up at me and I could see clearly that he was not okay. 

Leaning down to his level, I sighed, “I am so sorry, I didn’t mean for you to get hurt. What is wrong? Is something broken? Do I need to call my mom and dad?” I quizzed. 

With lighting speed, Colby gripped my arm and pulled me down next to him. I was about to fight and stand up, but the baby oil made me slip and fall next to him. I gasped once I landed on the floor, but it wasn’t from the sudden impact of my butt with the wood floor that made me gasp, but for the fact that Colby’s hand was freezing. I tried to yank out of his grip, but he held on tightly. “Let me go! You are freezing!” I shrieked. 

Colby shook his head, “that is what you get for turning off the water heater. Now I am cold, and you must warm me up.” Playfulness was seeping in his voice as he looked at me with humor clearly present in his eyes. 

“As if! Now, let me go, and get some clothes on!” I fired back at the half naked boy next to me. Admittedly part of me was wondering what if that towel was to happen to slip a little ... As soon as I thought that a blush found my face. 

“Why are you blushing?” Colby asked me. 

“I-I-I am not.” 

The smirk that was on Colby’s face told me he knew exactly what I was thinking and that I was lying. 

I allowed my right hand to smack him across his bare chest. But the way he was laughing made me figure my hit didn’t affect him at all. 

“What’s going on?” A voice stated from next to us. Looking over I saw Kimberly glancing down at us with curious eyes. 

“N-nothing...” I shuttered. 

“Nothing, just having my girlfriend keep me warm.” Colby replied right after I spoke. 

Silence filled the hall, until two voices, Mason and Kimberly’s, spoke up, saying the same thing: “Girlfriend?”