The Fool

Colby's P.O.V

My hand tightly clutched the thin, black and white inked paper. My eyes glanced down, big bold letters caught my attention: Dear Colby Jackson

I was immediately confused, for that was my name, clearly printed out on the front cover of the newspaper at hand.

Quickly, I glanced around me, wondering if this was some kind of joke.

All eyes were either glaring at me or scanning the article with my name as the header. I could easily see that on everyone's paper the 'Dear Colby Jackson' title was printed on there.

Wondering what the rest of the article stated, I urgently looked down.

Everyone here at Raymond High is very well informed that Colby Jackson loves attention. I guess today is his lucky day, for today he will be getting all the attention he has so much desired.

Why is he going to be getting attention today? Is a question you might be asking ... the answer is simple: by the end of this article, everyone in the school is going to know all Colby's dirty little secrets. Yes, all of them, from the lies to the things he wishes no one knew about him.

Shall we get started?

1.) Liz Jenkins, yes, you ... the valedictorian of our senior class ... Colby is never going to date you. He has just led you to believe he would so you would do all his homework and projects.

2.) Jason Whitehead, star quarterback of the football team, Colby has slept with your girlfriend of 3 years, more than once.

3.) River Rendell, remember last year, when you gave Colby 100 bucks from the inheritance you got from your mother, in hopes Colby would donate it to some charity? Well, you sir helped him buy an X-Box. What, thought that went towards a charity for dying orphans?

4.) Opal Hamilton, Colby is the one that placed that half empty bottle of vodka in your locker. What? You thought that he would get caught with that on locker search day?

5.) Joe Patrick, ever wondered why you were suspended for a brawl last month, and you weren't even near the fight? My dear friend, Colby, is the one that blamed it on you so he wouldn't get kicked off the track team.

Let's get to Colby's personal secrets....

As I recollect on my relationship -- strictly frienimes -- with Colby, I note that he is not a big tough guy as you all think. He has cried, and as pitiful as it sounds it was on my shoulder.

I would love to say I am a guy, but I am not, so don't go thinking that Colby is gay -- yet, he does read Yaoi (boyxboy - manga (Japanese comic books)).

Oh and get this I slept in the same bed with him and nothing happened (sexually) ... No, he just cried, like a baby.

It seems that you all were fooled by Colby, so was I.

Believe it or not, I trusted him, like you all do / did. Yet, I was played, just like you. We all fell for his smooth talking, handsome face that could make you do anything. But as I look back, all I can think was that I am the idiot in the situation. For in the in the end, I found out he is a player.

Then again, it helps to think a saying I was told long ago, "A broken heart can be put back together, but a heart that has vanished can never come back."

By:

The Fool

Immediately after reading the newspaper I balled it up and saw that now everyone was looking at me with narrowed eyes.

I felt my stomach do flip flops as I became nervous of what people now thought of me after most of my secrets have just been blabbed to the whole school.

Suddenly, a hand gripped my shoulder and I jumped a little, but I saw it was just Elliot. "Yo, Colby, my main man, you needs to leave school, ASAP, people are on the hunt for you."

I'd realized, even before he came up to me that people are going to be coming after me. "Yeah, I know. But, first, I have to find Brie."

Elliot furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Why do you need to find Brie?"

"Because, she wrote the damn article."

<><><><><><><><><>

I would like to give a shout out to my friend Madison "HOPE" Petri, she came up with the saying: "A broken heart can be put back together, but a heart that has vanished can never come back." ... (I Dare You / I Got you fans know why I put Hope in capital letters)