The Movies

Brie’s P.O.V

The ride home was silent and a part of me was glad too. It gave me time to think and ponder on the idea of Colby and I being together for a long time. Admittedly by the time Colby’s car came to a full stop, I liked the idea of being with him for many years to come, even if half the time I want to kill him. 

My eyes glanced off my lap, which is where I had been staring at for the whole ride, only to find that we were not in front of my house, but the movie theater. “Why are we here? I thought we were going home.”

Colby gave off a smile laugh, “I never said that, now come on! The movie starts in ten minutes and I want to get some chocolate covered raisins!”

I cringed in disgust at the thought of the taste of what chocolate covered raisins would be like in my mouth. Pure repulsion was the only taste at seemed to come to mind as I got out of the car.

I stood by the trunk of Colby’s car as he walked over to me. “I can’t go in there,” I realized. 

Colby gave me a confused look, “Why?”

“I am in my PJs and haven’t even brushed my hair!” I started to think of how his grandmother saw me like this. “Oh, shit your grandmother saw me like this!!!”

Colby chuckled, “Just tie up your hair, and your will be fine.”

“Fine! I am in my pajamas!”

Rolling his eyes Colby grabbed my wrist and slipped off the hair band I absently mindedly put there. With hurriedness Colby put up my thick blond, tangled hair. Without even blinking, he took off the dark grey hoodie he was wearing and put on for me, as if I was a child and couldn’t put it on.

“There, you look fine now. Your shorts are gym shorts and look normal, and my hoodie on you is H.O.T hot. And your hair is perfect, now can we go watch some people get killed by a serial killer!” Colby whined.

After a second of mentally debating with myself, Colby and I were walking hand and hand into the movie theater. The ticket master took the money Colby gave him and in return handed us two pink tickets to see some horror movie that Colby stated he had been dying to see. 

Colby got us chocolate covered raisins and a drink. I simply ordered Junior Mints and a sprite. 

In no apparent rush, Colby and I walked into the dimly lit theater room to find that only a few people were already seated and ready to watch the film. We both decided to sit in the very back, top row. 

When we reached our seats Colby and I placed our drinks in the cup holders beside us and sat down. 

Colby began to obnoxiously open his bag of chocolate raisins. I gave him a look that showed I was annoyed, which of course only made him rattle with the plastic wrap more. 

Rolling my eyes, I tore open the Junior Mints. Popping one in my mouth I savored the dark chocolate taste before biting into it and getting a blast of mint flavor. 

“Want a raisin?” Colby whispered at me. 

I glanced over at his softly lit figure I shook my head, “No, I hate raisins.”

Colby chuckled and got a hand full and put them all in his mouth. “Your missing out,” he muttered with his mouth full of chocolate raisins.

“I think not.” 

With that the lights on the theater room completely went off and then film started.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

Edited by: Victoria (pcgeeksquadgirl)