Lying To The Liars

COLBY’S P.O.V

My eyes glanced back and forth between Mason and Brie as I awaited for Brie to answer my question. 

Mason released a sigh, “Its nothing, man,” Mason spoke to me with a solemn smile. His icy blue eyes gazed down in the direction of the floor as if he didn’t know what else to say. 

I started to get the vibe that he was lying to me, which made me raise an eyebrow.  “Didn’t sound like nothing,” I replied as I leaned my body on the guest bedroom door frame. I had full knowledge that as I gazed at the two that my eyes were clouded with curiosity and slight anger. Within a few seconds of silence, I crossed my arms over my chest. 

“Mason ... Mason ... he wants to cheat on a test,” Brie lied.

“What test?” I asked with quizzical eyes. 

Brie looked like she was seconds from having a panic attack. Her actions were proving even more that she and Mason are trying to hide what they were talking about before I got in the hall.  

Mason cleared his throat, “The ACT, you know the big nationwide test. I figured that since they put us in alphabetical order, by last name, that Brie and I will be seated next to each other because our last names start with the same letter.”

I wanted to smirk and tell the two that I know they are not being honest. But, part of me was debating if they would even come clean. 

So, it was then that I decided I would pay along, and then find out myself what the two of them were up too. 

I stood up straight and glanced equally at the two, “Are you crazy? If you get caught they will terminate your test!” I proclaimed.

“That is what Brie said ... but I told her we won’t get caught, unless she tells someone.” Mason spoke with false words.

I began to shake my head, “You two shouldn't do it!” I stated with a straight face. 

Brie shifted her weight from her left foot to her right. Her fine lips parted, “Colby, can we postpone are date?” She asked me with a sweet smile. 

“Why?” I asked with a questionable expression as more curiosity burned through me. 

“...” By the look on Brie’s face I knew she had no idea how to reply. “Ummm, Mason ... he told me that the Newspaper staff is meeting in an hour. It’s mandatory to go.”

I made sure, that my gaze on both of them made them know I was catching on to their fast witty tongues. But, I wanted to make Brie think she had won this facade, “Okay,” I told her with a smile. 

She gave a sigh in relief and then looked at Mason with a small grin, “Ready?” Brie asked him.

Mason’s crystal blue eyes were clearly trying hide confusion and shock before bobbing his moppy brown hair at Brie. “Y-yeah.” 

Brie quickly dragged Mason out of the house.

I stood for a second, and then realizing I should follow the two, after all, I wanna know what they are hiding...

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Edited by: Victoria (aka Pcgeeksquadgirl)