Rumors?

Kimberly’s P.O.V

My legs felt as if they were made out of a heavy metal as I walked into the cold, white walled school. It took everything I had to get out of bed today, call me lazy if you will, but I just didn’t want to leave my warm, comfy bed. If my memory was correct, I must have pressed the snooze button at least ten times. But, by the grace of G-d, I got out of bed and got ready for school.

The sound of the warning bell made me lose my train of thought. Hurriedly, I walk over to my locker and put in the combination. Reaching in the dark locker, I grabbed my book for the morning classes I had. As I closed the metal door, I realized that the normally, giddy Brie was not waiting for me with an impatient expression. 

It then sunk in that she and I were at odds, and I was not going to find her waiting around for me -- vise versa.  Admittedly it all pained me, but I knew I had to be a big girl and get over it, for now. 

With a solemn smile, I made my way to first class. It wasn’t until I reached the classroom door that I looked up from the floor, but I did so in time to see Sheldon make his way down the hall. 

His eyes roamed around the halls as he walked, and finally landed on me. My mouth then parted to call out to him, only to watch him look away from me as if I was nothing but a piece of paper floating in the wind. 

I stood there, frozen at the mere fact that Sheldon just ignored me. I knew damn well he saw me, and also saw how I was about to speak out to him. Yet, his dark eyes scanned right over me. 

Anger boiled inside of me as I dashed into my first class as the late bell rang.  

Sitting in class, I couldn’t help but look over in Brie’s direction. I involuntarily started to study her and saw that she was a total mess. Her eyes looked puffy, as if she’d cried herself to sleep. Brie’s normal blond hair was in a sloppy bun. Her whole demeanor was just plain gloomy. 

It took every ounce of my being not to talk to her and see what was wrong.

However, I had an undying feeling that if she looked like this by the end of the day, I’d have to talk to her. 

<><><><>

It was lunchtime and I had no idea where I was going to sit. Normally, I’d plant myself right next to Brie, but since we weren’t on best terms, I was at a total cross road. In the end I decided to eat outside. 

Walking out, I found an empty bench under an oak tree. I smiled for it seemed that no one was out here, which meant that I could maybe eat in peace. 

After only taking about two bites out of my hamburger, I noted that someone took a seat next to me. Glancing next to me over I saw April Ferris. She was looking at me with a smile, “hey, girly!” Her preppy voice greeted. 

To say I was bemused would be putting it lightly, for April Ferris never talked to me. We were simply two different people. She was the kind of girl that gossiped nonstop about people while doing cheers around the gym. Whereas, I was the kind of girl that puts super glue in her pom poms.