Peace and Death

Kimberly’s P.O.V

(6 weeks later)

“What’s wrong?” A voice sounded from in front of me.

Glancing up from my lunch tray, I saw Elliot make his way to the outside bench that I’ve made my normal lunch table. I gave him a have smile and a shrug my bony shoulders before looking back down at my untouched lunch.

Sitting down beside me, Elliot gave me a hug, “She will speak to you any day now.” Elliot told me as if he could read my mind.

I started to sob in Elliot’s chest at the fact that Brie seemed to look like she was in such a deep turmoil, and, I wasn’t there to help her. Part of me was beating myself up for not walking up to her and at least trying to talk to her. But, I could never seem to muster up the courage to do so.

“Have you tried speaking to her, at all?” Elliot asked me.

I shook my head as he started to pat my brown hair in a soothing manner.

Admittedly, I wasn’t just crying into Elliot’s shirt about Brie ... I was also teary eyed about Sheldon. He’s been avoiding me for the past few weeks, like Brie ... Just last week I tried to talk to him though, and he told me to stay away from him. It just breaks my heart that everyone I care for is going through something and I’m not there to comfort / help them.

A bell sound permeated the air, and I gave off a sniff and then a sigh. “I ... I gues-s I should get to c-class,” I muttered in a mouse tone of voice.

Elliot gave me a look full of concern, “Are you sure that you can make it the rest of the day?” He asked me.

Giving a nod, I grabbed my tray and took off into the school. I discarded my lunch in a bin located in the cafeteria before racing off to my next class.

Walking in the class, I made sure to get a seat in the very back of the classroom. After the late bell rang the teacher passed out our bell work and the classroom assignment for the day. Not in the mood to do anything, I just let the sheets sit on the desk, blank and unanswered.

My brown eyes started to bore holes into the white, black inked papers that sat in front of me. I was starting to let my mind wander more and more as the time ticked. I kept thinking about how my life is totally screwed up now. Brie and I are not on good terms, Sheldon is avoiding me ... the only thing good I got going is Elliot.

A faint, but visible smile spread across my face ... he really has been my stone the past couple of weeks. Never really leaving my side, even when I begged for him too. I guess you can say he’s grown on me, so much that I allow him to stay some nights at my house.

Believe it or not, his presence makes me feel comfortable, and safe ... I’m sorta glad he is around now ... I just hoped that he would stay and nothing would make him leave my side.

I jumped a good foot in the air at the sound of the bell for sixth period.

Making my way to my next class, I was stopped, by Brie.

Her normal, vibrant green eyes, looked dull and lacking the usual sparkle they had. Her hair looked the same as it has been in the past six months: sloppy.

“H-hey!” I half stuttered, half yelled.

She gave a skittish leap, as if my loud voice scared her. But it wasn’t but a second later that she collected herself and gave me a grim look. “K-Kim, I’m sorry,” she whispered to me.

My eyes widened in surprise, before I engulfed her in a hug, “Oh, girl it’s fine, we both are lunatics for letting this argument stretch on for so long,” I admitted.