59| No Visitation

"Well, well, well. Did you think I wouldn't find out? How dare you not tell me he was here!"

My mouth dropped in surprise and disgust. 

"Jules." 

She rolled her eyes at me like I was some kind of idiot.

"Can't get anything past you." She pointed her finger towards me. "Why didn't you tell me he was back?"

I eyed her from head to toe. She was wearing a short black mini skirt and a red skin tight tank top. Add the stripper heels she was wearing, she looked like a hooker. Well...an expensive hooker at least. I'll give her that.

"He's my brother, Jules. Besides, I don't have to tell you shit."

"He's my fucking boyfriend," she sneered at me.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Please. He's your boy toy and nothing more. Do you even know the definition of a relationship?"

"At least I know how to keep a guy satisfied enough that he doesn't need to fuck two other women."

I felt my temper almost reach boiling status when she threw what happened with Adam in my face. Where did this bitch get off on thinking she was some high and mighty saint?

"How did you even find out he was here?" I hated asking the question, but I needed to know. I knew for damn sure that none of my close friends would have told her.

"When I didn't hear from him for a week, I called his unit overseas. It took days of leaving messages and trying different numbers to finally reach someone over there. Then they finally got back to me and told me he was injured and got sent back to the States." Her eyes fell to my belly. "You've clearly gotten fat."

"I'm pregnant you sleazy harpy. And you need to leave."

"I'm not going anywhere. Did you ever stop to think that maybe he wants me to be here?" 

"Ha!" I laughed. "No, he doesn't. I know my brother better than anyone. Especially you. He will never be with you. Not the way you think you want."

She stalked towards me until she was just a few feet away. "How dare you think you know what I want. You have no idea. I love him and he loves me."

Okay...maybe she was delusional. I started to feel a weird sensation in my chest. I frowned as I rubbed the area. "Jules, you don't know what love is." I arched a brow when I said, "Tell me honestly, did you fuck someone when my brother was away? If so, how many?"

She refused to answer. Yep. That was Jules. She was the type of person that liked to sleep around. You know what? That was fine. More power to her. But my brother told her multiple times they were just friends and nothing more. And she agreed to that.

"That's what I thought," I said with a sigh. "Look...you're not a completely awful person." It was a lie, but whatevs. "Leave my brother alone and just go do you. You aren't welcome here."

That weird tightening feeling I felt earlier in my chest started to get worse now. I leaned forward and reached out to brace myself on the end of Nate's hospital bed. Jules kept screaming at me but I wasn't hearing what she was saying.

"Get-- call a nurse!" I yelled at her as fear took over me.

"Always the drama queen, Lanie. I swear it's ridiculous!"

"Call a fucking nurse!" I screamed as my heart started racing. Terrified that something was wrong with the baby, I wrapped my arms around my stomach.

Jules kept running her mouth, but I was too scared to pay attention. Next thing I knew, Harper and Jackson entered the room with angry expressions.