53| Speechless

"This is disgusting."

"I don't care. Eat it," I demanded sternly.

Ayden has been in the hospital here for a week now. He's been a terrible patient. The first few days he was insisting on going to Nate's room. On day four, he actually tried to get out of his bed on his own.

Since I knew he wasn't going to listen to me, I got a nurse to help him into a wheelchair. I rolled him to Nate's room and we spend most of the afternoon there.

He's also been a little mad at me. Mainly because I refused to go back to Harper's apartment until Ayden is discharged. I just...couldn't sleep in that bed knowing Ayden was lying here aware and alone. I couldn't do it. As much as he wanted me to be in a bed and comfortable, he didn't seem to mind when I snuggled next to him in his hospital bed.

Today, however, he was refusing to eat. "You need to eat, Ayden. Don't you want to leave?"

He arched a brow. I knew I was pushing his buttons, but the guy needed to loosen up. At least he was able to get up and down with crutches or a wheelchair now.

I sauntered over towards his side of the bed. "Besides, if you eat, there may be something in it for you."

He scoffed and looked away from me. "Yeah? Like what? The only thing I want I can't get."

I rolled my eyes at the same whiney excuse. He was in a hurry to leave here because he wanted me out of here. He also hated hospitals. Who didn't?

As I leaned forward, I ran my hand down his forearm. I put my mouth to his ear and whispered, "If you eat your food, Sergeant, you may get a little striptease tonight."

I could tell he was biting back a smile when he looked at me. "A striptease? In a hospital?"

I ran my hand over his abs and up his chest until I reached his dog tags. "Mhm. For you and only you. If you're a good boy."

"What if someone comes in?" Jealously flickered in his gaze and he reached out to play with my hair. "I don't want anyone seeing your luscious body."

I bit my lip shyly. "I have someone who can guard the door. No one will bother us."

He finally flashed me that smile I craved so much. "Why, Goddess, who are you and what have you done with Lanie Jenkins?"

I giggled and tucked a stray hair behind my ear. "She's right here. You just haven't gotten to see the really, really, naughty side of me yet."

"Oh, yeah?" He cupped the back of my neck with his hand and gave me a nice deep kiss. "Its a deal." He pulled away and rubbed the palms of his hands together. "So, I eat this and then I get my present?" 

I chuckled as I took a few steps towards the door. "The deal is-- I'm going to check on Nate while you eat. Don't try to throw it away because I'll know. Then when I get back," I shot him a wink, "I can show you something I think you'll enjoy." 

Without waiting for his response, I walked out of his room and shut the door behind me. Jaime was waiting for me right outside. The amused smirk on her face told me that she overheard a little of out conversation. 

"You have got to teach me how you do that. Ayden is basically wrapped around your finger." 

I fell instep beside her. "No, he isn't. I just know what he likes." I let out a long breath. "Besides, can you imagine being in his situation? He's stuck in a hospital bed, worried about me, worried about Nate...so, yeah. I'm going to seduce him into eating his dinner if that's what it takes. If he doesn't eat, then he doesn't get discharged. Call me crazy," I said with a huff, "but I much rather be spending alone time with him in our own bed."