36| Decisions, Decisions

One Week Later

Incessant knocking at my front door had me begrudgingly crawling out of my bed. My nausea had gotten so bad, I took this week off of work. I let the principal know that I was pregnant and they were more than gracious with finding a substitute to take over my classes. I was thankful for that. Especially since I've barely left the house since I dropped off Ayden and Nate at the airport.

Aside from when they landed, I hadn't spoken to Ayden or Nate on the phone since. Ayden had emailed me a few times this week. He was constantly apologizing that he wasn't able to check in more often. Each time we wrote or spoke, he would ask how I was and how I was feeling. As much as I appreciated that, I missed our old conversations and emails. The secret flirting and innuendos.

My thoughts were put to a halt when whoever was at the door decided to upgrade from knocking to ringing the doorbell. Multiple times.

"I'm coming!" I yelled with frustration. Who the hell was at my door? Harper had plans today and Jaime was still in the wind. Danielle was still out of town for a few days with Ryan.

"Who is it?" I asked when I got to the door.

"It's the Greek God, vixen."

I frowned as I unlocked the door. When I opened it, Jackson was standing there with his classic cocky grin. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He held up two bags. "I brought you Gray's Papaya."

My stomach growled and my mouth watered. I looked at the second bag. "And that one?"

Another devilish smile. "Triple chocolate cake."

Well, damn. Harper must have betrayed my secrets and told Jackson I was pregnant. And what food I couldn't resist.

"You may enter," I mumbled as I stepped back and held the door open for him. I closed the door behind him and followed him into the living room. "So, what's with the drive-by?" I asked as I took the hot dog from him. "Lemme guess. Harper told you my dirty little secret?"

He pulled some food out for himself and looked at me with confusion. "I already know about Ayden. You knew that." He sat his food down and eyed me suspiciously. "Why? Is there something else?"

Oh...shit. Well, Lanie, congratulations. You just outed yourself. And you owe Harper an apology. I covered my face with my hands for a moment. Deep breath, Lanie. "I'm-- I'm pregnant."

He cocked his head to the side. It was adorable and very similar to how a dog does. "I'm sorry...what?"

I leaned forward and met his stare. "I'm pregnant. Ayden and I, we're expecting."

Jackson got up from the love seat and came over to sit beside me on the couch. "You're-- bloody hell." He ran a hand through his dark hair. "Does Ayden know?"

"Yes. Nate doesn't though. So, if you talk to him, please don't mention anything."

Jackson was quiet for a moment. "That's why you didn't drink at the concert, isn't it?" I nodded and he sucked his teeth, "I'm assuming Harper knows. I can't believe she didn't tell me."

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry to break it to you, Jackson. But girls stick together. Harper and I have been best friends since we were little. I told her not to tell anyone. The only other person who knows is Danielle."

"How are you feeling?" he asked with concern in his voice. One thing I loved about Jackson, was that he really was a great guy. Ever since he met Harper, he and I made a unique friendship. We bantered back and forth, but we both cared about each other.