13| Flaws

"Mmmm," I breathed as I rolled over and stretched in my bed. The smell of that delicious Stewart's coffee woke me in the best possible way. I threw my covers back and quickly went into my bathroom to do my morning routine. I slipped on my slippers and threw on my robe before I went straight down to the kitchen. Since I was a teacher, I had to be a morning person when school was in session. When it wasn't, I was not a morning person. It was always hell to fall back into school sleep schedule, but that's just how I was. 

I was so happy that I was on holiday break. The semester had been rough and I needed the time off. Before I knew that Nate was brining Ayden home, I was planning on barely leaving the house. At the most, I wanted to get mani-pedis with Harper; but that was the extend of it. 

When I turned the corner from the living room to the kitchen, I paused. It wasn't Nate standing in front of the coffee pot-- it was Ayden. Shit. I was so put off by my coffee addiction, I didn't think about him being in the kitchen. He turned towards me; smiling as he took a sip of his coffee. Did he really have to look that good with everything he did?

"Good morning, Goddess." His gaze roamed over my body. By the heated look in his eyes, I realized I forgot the robe I was wearing was open. Underneath it, I was had on very short pajama shorts with a tank top. No bra, of course, and my hair was an angry bun on my head.

My body came to life under his stare and I quickly tied the sash. Right, like that would do any good. He's already seen me. "Good morning, Sargent," I quipped as I walked over to the cupboard and tried to get control over the effect he had on my body. I opened the cupboard door and frowned when I didn't see my favorite mug.

"Here you go."

I shut it and looked over to my left. Ayden was holding the mug I was looking for. The mug had a cartoon of Snoopy sleeping on the doghouse. I don't know why I loved it so much. "Thank you."

Ayden was quiet while I fixed my coffee. I poured the creamer in the mug, then the sugar, then the coffee. "Are you human?" he asked with an astonished expression.

A short laugh escaped me. "Yes. It's just how I make my coffee." I took a sip from the mug and let out an orgasmic moan as the hot liquid slid down my throat. I was definitely one of those people who lived and breathed coffee. I had no idea what I would do without it. Probably be super bitchy and eventually die.

Ayden cleared his throat before flashing me a grin. "You really shouldn't make noises like that," he said as he gestured to my attire. "Especially in those clothes."

God, he really was sexy. He was leaning back against the counter with his legs crossed at the ankles. He was wearing and had no shirt on. Of-fucking-course. I cleared my throat uncomfortably at his statement. "What are you talking about? I'm enjoying my coffee."

"I see that." He crossed his right arm over his chest and held his coffee with the other. I was praying he wouldn't go further into his comment about my moan of coffee pleasure. I was embarrassed enough. "Would you like some breakfast?"

His question threw me off. I was glad of the change of subject, but I wasn't really a breakfast person. Mainly because I couldn't cook. I usually heated something up or just drank my coffee in the morning. "It's okay," I said. I felt bad about him cooking me breakfast when he just spent hours in the kitchen the night before preparing our Christmas dinner. Christmas. The drawing. Oh, my God. I glanced away shyly before my eyes met his again. "Um, by the way, thank you. For the sketch. It was beautiful."

Another flashy grin from the sexy soldier. God, I needed to stop finding him attractive. I needed to get to know him and find a flaw. Yes, a flaw was perfect. It would turn me off and stop all this craziness. He just seemed like a closed book. How the hell was I going to get him to open up so that I could find something I didn't like?