46| Girl's Night

"I can't believe you called me fat."

I could feel Danielle's eye roll from the driver's seat. She lowered the music a little bit on the radio before she made a left hand turn to take us God only knew where.

"I never called you fat, and you know it."

I crossed my arms and continued to glare out of the passenger side window. I could tell by the buildings we passed, that we were downtown. Where the hell was she taking me?

"Yes, you did, Danielle. Maybe not in so many words, but it was implied."

"Ha!" She laughed without looking over at me. "Lanie, I asked you if you wanted to go to lunch. How is that even remotely close to calling you fat?"

I knew she was right. I was just in a mood. It's been about four or five days  since my little trip to the hospital. I've been trying my best to keep myself from getting lost in my depression regarding my boyfriend and brother. Harper and I did yoga everyday, and I made sure to eat healthy food regularly.

I seemed to be doing better in the day time. It was when I was alone in bed with my thoughts that I tended to get a little upset. I figured out the trick was, whenever I started to feel that way, I would pull out some of the pregnancy books Jackson got for me. That seemed to be able to keep me distracted long enough until I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore. Then I would finally go to sleep.

I haven't had an update yet from Ryan regarding any possibility of his father finding out any more information. He and Danielle had gotten back from out of town two days ago and she called me to invite me to lunch this morning.

Even though I agreed to go with her, for some reason I just felt like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Which is probably why I was being snippy with her. I wasn't necessarily upset or mad about one thing in particular today; it was just...mood swings.

The farther along I got in this pregnancy, the more I was feeling the effects. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing; just different. I started journaling which seemed to help as well. Sometimes I would realize hours have gone by when I stopped writing.

I've been writing about my feelings and the progress of the baby. I've been writing about my emotional state and also keeping a food journal. Considering how I was a few days ago, I do feel like I'm doing a little bit better. Of course, the constant worrying and worst case scenario thinking is still there, but I've been trying to manage it better for the sake of my child.

"We're almost there."

Danielle's voice brought me back to the current situation and I frowned as I looked out of the windshield. I never usually come downtown. As I looked around at new and unfamiliar restaurants in stores, I still had no idea where we were going.

"Where is there, by the way? Where are we going for lunch?"

"George's."

My head snapped in her direction. "George's? Really? We haven't been there in--"

"In over a year," she finished for me with a smile. George's has been an American breakfast table since the 1950s. Harper, Jamie, Danielle, and I found it on one of our girl trips downtown a little over three years ago. If I remember correctly, it was around the time I was dating Adam and we had gotten into a fight.

To be honest, I didn't even remember what the fight was about. Now that I thought about it, we seemed to have alot fights when we were together. They were all over the smallest, unimportant little things.

Ayden and I haven't had a fight yet. I was curious as to what our first fight would be about. Would it be about something small and petty? Like who was going to take out the trash or him not putting down the toilet seat? Or would it be about our child? Maybe over whether our child goes to public school or private school. I really hoped it wasn't about how our child.